|Lakeith Stanfield Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1991|
Lakeith Stanfield is an American actor who shot to fame with his feature film debut in Short Term 12 (2013), that was an adaptation of the short film made in 2008 in which he had also starred and earned a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award. He gained further recognition for his roles in numerous biopics including that of civil rights activist Jimmie Lee Jackson in Selma (2014) and Snoop Dogg in Straight Outta Compton (2015). He has also played leading as well as supporting roles in several critically acclaimed movies like Sorry to Bother You (2018), Uncut Gems (2019) and The Photograph (2020) and since 2016 he has portrayed Darius Epps in the comedy-drama series Atlanta. He is the recipient of numerous awards and titles such as “Breakthrough Performer” at the Hamptons International Film Festival (2015).
Lakeith Lee Stanfield
San Bernardino, California, United States
He went to the John Casablancas Modeling and Career Center in Los Angeles where he was signed by an agency after which he started auditioning for commercials.
He is represented by Innovative Artists.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Xosha Roquemore – He has been in a relationship with actress Xosha Roquemore since 2015. They welcomed their 1st child in June 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall, slender physique
- Mustache and beard
- Tattoos on his body
He has stated to have believed in a religion he created himself, that he named “TRU Religion”.
Lakeith Stanfield Favorite Things
- Tatoo – That of “TRU RELIGION” on his body
- Roles He Would Love To Play – The DC Comics villain, Batman’s arch-enemy the Joker
- Fan Of – Justice and bringing it to those who deserve it
- Food – Candies, having believed in its power to revitalize one’s energy and having thought that more people should eat them
Source – IMDb, GQ.com
Lakeith Stanfield Facts
- He was brought up in Riverside and Victorville.
- He has revealed that he was raised poor in a broken family that was dysfunctional on both sides.
- Stanfield has affirmed that he decided to become an actor at the age of 14, after joining his high school’s drama club.
- He got his 1st agent after doing a surfer skit.
- He is also an accomplished rapper and he has been into poetry, along with being an actor, and he has written a lot of the lyrics for Moor that is the band he has been a member of. His rap has not been traditional or conventional and has seemed to follow a unique beat of its own.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0