|Lakshmi Mittal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 15, 1950|
Lakshmi Mittal is a billionaire steel magnate of Indian origin. He is the chairman and CEO of one of the world’s largest steel-making company, ArcelorMittal. He is a member of the World Steel Association’s executive committee, the World Economic Forum’s International Business Council, and the European Round Table of Industrialists, among others. Lakshmi Mittal is considered one of the wealthiest Asians living in Europe.
Lakshmi Niwas Mittal
Sadulpur, Rajasthan, India
London, England, United Kingdom
Lakshmi Mittal attended Shri Daulatram Nopany Vidyalaya, Calcutta, and passed out in 1964. Later, he joined St. Xavier’s College, Calcutta, and graduated with a B.Com degree in first class from the University of Calcutta.
Businessman, Steel Magnate
- Father – Mohanlal Mittal (Owner of Nippon DenroIspat)
- Mother – Geeta Mittal
- Siblings – Pramod Mittal (Younger Brother), Vinod Mittal (Brother), Seema Lohia (Sister)
- Others – Shrishti Mittal (Niece), Vartika Mittal (Niece), Amit Bhatia (Son-In-Law), Megha Mittal (Daughter-In-Law)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lakshmi Mittal has dated –
- Usha Mittal – He is married to Usha Mittal. They have 2 children – a son named Aditya Mittal (b. January 22, 1976) and a daughter named Vanisha Mittal (b. August 23, 1980).
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- Maintains left-sided hair parting
Lakshmi Mittal Facts
- He maintains a lacto-vegetarian diet.
- His residence at Kensington Palace Gardens has often been referred to as the “Taj Mittal” because it is decorated with the same sourced marble from where it was extracted to build the Taj Mahal.
- As of 2019, his net worth according to Forbes is $11.6 billion.
- In 2005, his growing business caught the attention of many prominent editorials. The Sunday Times named him “Business Person of 2006”, the Financial Times called him “Person of the Year”, and Time magazine named him “International Newsmaker of the Year 2006”.
- Time magazine included him in their list of “Time 100” in 2007.
- In 2015, Forbes ranked him as the 57th in their list of “Most Powerful Person” of the 72 individuals.
- Forbes named him as the 2nd richest person in India in 2019.
- As a prominent businessman, he is a member of many organizations such as Goldman Sachs, World Steel Association, Global CEO Council of the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, the Foreign Investment Council in Kazakhstan, the World Economic Forum’s International Business Council, the European Round Table of Industrialists, and Cleveland Clinic.
Featured Image by Ricardo Stuckert / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0