|Larisa Oleynik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1981|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Larisa Oleynik is an American actress who became the bonafide teen idol of the ’90s after playing the title role of Alex Mack for 4 seasons from 1994 to 1998 in the Nickelodeon classic The Secret World of Alex Mack. Referred to as “one of America’s favorite 15-year-olds” and “the proverbial girl next door,” she has also been noted for her roles in other popular shows like Pretty Little Liars (2012–2014) and Mad Men (2010–2015), and hit films like 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) and Atlas Shrugged: Part II (2012).
Larisa Romanovna Oleynik
Santa Clara, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
She began going to Pinewood School in Los Altos, California, from 1999 and then attended Sarah Lawrence College in Yonkers, New York, graduating in 2004.
- Father – Roman Oleynik (Anesthesiologist) (1936–2003)
- Mother – Lorraine née Allen (Retired Nurse)
She is represented by Management 360.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (1998-2002)
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ukrainian and possibly Rusyn and English ancestry.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Big smile
- Dimpled nose
- Soft, sweet voice
She has endorsed brands such as –
- Wild Times Koosh Lings
Larisa Oleynik Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Larisa Oleynik Facts
- She began acting when she was only 8 years old and as her career took off, she used to split her time between normal childhood experiences in Northern California and tryouts for films in Los Angeles.
- Since she was busy with her acting career, she had on-set tutors who would give her lessons using study materials and assignments sent by her elementary school teachers by mail.
- Recalling her childhood years of acting, she has disclosed that she was not concerned about appearing on TV and she would instead, compare herself with the other children around and wanted to be good at the activities they were good at like sports and would often feel that she was not smart like them.
- She considers her job as the love of her life.
- She won the lead role in the TV show The Secret World of Alex Mack over 400 other contenders. Thomas W. Lynch who had co-written the pilot script for the show has explained that for the main character Alex Mack, they were not looking for someone who had worked a lot in television having the clichéd reactions and had found Larisa to be refreshingly different from the others especially because of the great natural instinct she had, which added new tones and shades to the mysterious character.
- The Secret World of Alex Mack became a much-loved show among children and teenagers, and kids meeting Larisa used to ask her to “morph” for them. Instead of explaining, she would pretend to look around and then tell them that she could not do so since everybody would see.
- She has stated that if given an option, she would always choose her friends over her career.
- She has revealed that she has despised Valentine’s Day since she has always been disappointed.
- In January 2013, Larisa was granted a restraining order against one of her fans who apparently was so obsessed that he altered his surname to hers and used to leave presents for her at her mother’s residence.
Featured Image by Greg2600 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0