|Larry David Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1947|
Larry David is an award-winning American comedian, writer, actor, director, and television producer who is renowned for creating two of the most generation-defining sitcoms: Seinfeld (1989-1996) and Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000-Present).
Lawrence Gene David
New York City, New York, United States
Larry attended the Sheepshead Bay High School and graduated in 1965. He earned a bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Maryland, College Park, in 1970.
Comedian, Writer, Actor, Television Producer, Director
Observational, Black Comedy, Improvisational, Satire, Deadpan, Insult Comedy, Cringe, Blue Comedy
Larry’s net worth was $400 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Larry has dated –
- Julie Roginsky
- Monica Yates (1970-1985)
- Laurie Lennard (1993-2007) – The Sour Grapes (1998) director got married to Laurie Lennard, an environmental activist, producer, and writer on March 31, 1993. They welcomed 2 daughters named Cazzie David (b. May 10, 1994) and Romy David (b. 1996) together. However, their marriage of 14 years ended in divorce in July 2007.
- Ashley Underwood (2017-Present) – He married producer Ashley Underwood in 2020 after nearly 3 years of dating.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
Larry David Facts
- He is credited with writing the iconic Seinfeld episode titled ‘The Contest’ in 1992. It was ranked #1 in the list of ‘TV’s Top 100 Episodes of All Time’ by TV Guide in 2009.
- Larry’s recurring portrayal of presidential candidate Bernie Sanders on Saturday Night Live helped grow his fame even further. The two were revealed to be distant cousins in 2017.
- His comedic role models are Mel Brooks, Don Rickles, Woody Allen, Abbott and Costello, Phil Silvers, Alan King, etc.
- The term ‘Larry David moment’ became a popular American pop culture reference thanks to his socially awkward character on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- The fan-favorite character of George Costanza (played by Jason Alexander) on Seinfeld was loosely based on David.
Featured Image by Angela George / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0