|Lasisi Elenu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lasisi Elenu is a Nigerian comedian, actor, compere and musician who is widely recognized for his skits with the “wide mouth” disguise filter during his performances on social media. He has appeared in a number of films such as the Netflix thriller The Ghost and the Tout (2018). He is the recipient of many honors and accolades including getting named one of Nigeria’s Top 25 Under-30 Nigerian Superstars, in March 2020. Lasisi has been one of the most popular influencers in Africa, having accumulated more than 75,000 and 4 million followers on TikTok and Instagram, respectively.
Adeyemi Nosa Afolabi
Kano State, Nigeria
He went to the University of Ilorin and became a graduate of Health Promotion and Environmental Health Education.
Comedian, Actor, Compere, Musician
5 ft 7 in or 170.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Beard and mustache
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Caribbean Spice.
Lasisi Elenu Favorite Things
- Local Dish – Jollof Rice
Source – Guardian.ng
Lasisi Elenu Facts
- He hails from Offa, Kwara in Nigeria.
- Lasisi had started out as a musician prior to diverting to the business of comedy.
- His skits have focused on varying themes from law to cybercrime, the economy, as well as sensitive topics like insecurity and philosophy.
- Lasisi has used the “wide mouth” filter for his skits as he cherished how the feature gave him a distinct look as well as voice in his clips, which contributed to making them unique.
- One of the projects he has relished making the most has been the series of 16-minute episodes dealing with low-income households in Nigeria titled Mama & Papa Godspower.
- Regarding his style, he has stated that he has liked to see himself as someone who has eyes for nice things.
- Elenu has revealed that there had been a time before he had attained stardom when he had felt like giving up. However, he soon realized that even the greatest mind has experienced getting to the breaking point. He had managed to stay positive and had gone on to create his first home video about potholes in Nigeria, which brought him success.
- Elenu has stated that many ideas have gone on in his head and that he has tried to write them down if he has not carried his phone with him. Some of his ideas have even been a result of his frustration or exhaustion. He has tried to turn every experience he has, whether positive or negative, into an inspiration. Every day when he has woken up, he has thought about how to make a better impact on the lives of others via his skits.
- Lasisi has disclosed that he has been fond of decent people. He has noticed that for him, first impressions have mattered a lot. He has been turned off or on by the way a person dresses, speaks or smells.
- He has believed that diversity in what an entertainer does say a lot about him or her, and the skill he or she claims to possess. He has revealed that he has been able to switch characters so easily that he has realized his ability to be a gift he has and that he has always been excited to essay them well and make people have a good time. He has found people beginning to wonder if he has ever really been a pastor or a mad man, when he has portrayed them.
Featured Image by Lasisi Elenu / Instagram