|Layton Greene Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1998|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Layton Greene is an American singer who shot to overnight fame in 2017 when a self-made video of her singing a rendition of American rapper Kodak Black‘s 2017 song Roll in Peace went viral on social media. The video garnered more than half a million views in a short period and helped open the doors of the music industry for her. After getting signed on by the record label Quality Control Music as their first R&B artist, she has released several studio singles and has worked with artists such as G-Styles, Lil Baby, City Girls, and PnB Rock. Layton is a popular figure on social media as well with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 600k subscribers on YouTube.
East St. Louis, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Layton had reached her senior year at high school but had started working full-time to support her family, financially. She eventually dropped out of school before turning 18 but resumed working hard after a few months to clear the GED (General Educational Development) tests that would help her qualify as a high-school graduate.
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
- Others – She has a step-father.
She self-manages her bookings.
R&B, Soul, Hip-Hop, Pop
Motown Records/Quality Control Music
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Layton has revealed in an interview that she had quit high school at the age of 18 and eloped with a much older boyfriend who had kids of his own. However, their fling did not last for more than 2 months and they broke up. She admitted that some of her songs do contain references to the heartbreak that she experienced due to this relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She is of American descent on her mother’s side and African-American descent on her father’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or golden brown.
- Curvaceous figure
- Plump lips
- Has tattooed inscriptions on her right shoulder, waist, and left wrist
- Gleaming face
Layton Greene Favorite Things
- Musical Inspirations/Role Models – Mary J. Blige, Keyshia Cole, India Arie, Fantasia, Prince
- Song – Love (2005) by Keyshia Cole
- Dish – Crab Legs
- Pet – Dogs
Source – Billboard, All HipHop, Hot 97.com
Layton Greene Facts
- She was born in Nashville, Tennessee but was raised in East Saint Louis as her family had moved there when she was very young.
- Layton had grown up with a deep love for music but had never taken her singing seriously in her early teens. Around the age of 18 though, she began recording videos of herself singing her favorite songs and tunes and started posting them on various social media platforms.
- After her rendition of the song Roll in Peace went viral on social media, she teamed up with music producer G-Styles to record a more professional version of the song which was titled Roll in Peace Remix and was released online on November 2017. The remix version too became a viral hit and received more than three and a half million plays. Its popularity saw it peak at number 12 on the Hot R&B Songs chart.
- Before the end of 2017, she released her 2nd track which was again in collaboration with G-Styles. The track was her interpretation of Derez De’Shon’s song Fed Up and was titled Fed Up Remix. This song too became a hit and Layton celebrated by deciding to pursue a full-time music career. She immediately quit her day job at a restaurant.
- In May 2018, she released her original music for the first time with a single titled Myself.
- Layton mentioned on Twitter that she used to be annoyed with people talking about the gap between her teeth to the extent of feeling insecure. However, she mentioned that over time she has learned to ignore the haters and love herself as she is.
- She had participated in the 2011 edition of The X Factor but was rejected after her first audition.
- Layton revealed in an interview that she was raised by a step-father as her biological father was estranged from the family. In the same interview, she also opened up about the fact that, as a child, she had been s*xually abused by her cousins and how those traumatic experiences had molded her life.
- She has an irrational fear of heights and hates flying.
Featured Image by Layton Greene / Instagram
The post Layton Greene Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.