|Lewis Tan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1987|
Lewis Tan is a British actor, stuntman, model, martial artist, director, and photographer who shot to fame after playing the part of Zhou Cheng in Netflix’s television series Iron Fist (2017). He solidified his popularity by being featured in several other programs including Into the Badlands (2018-2019) where he appeared in the recurring role of Gaius Chau, and the supernatural action streaming series Wu Assassins (2019) in which he essayed the titular character of Lu Xin Lee. Lewis has starred in many films such as the martial arts fantasy movie Mortal Kombat (2021). As a stuntman, he has performed in numerous movies like Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007) and also in various TV shows including Day Break (2007). Lewis has written and directed a number of movies as well, such as I Spy (2010). He is the recipient of numerous accolades like getting ranked among the top 5 Asian American actors by CNN in 2018.
Lewis Singwah Tan
Salford, Lancashire, England
He took lessons in Performing Arts with coach John Kirby.
Actor, Stuntman, Model, Martial artist, Director, Photographer
- Father – Philip Tan (Martial Artist, Actor, Gymnast, Dancer, Stunt Co-ordinator)
- Mother – Joanne Cassidy (Retired Fashion Model)
- Siblings – He has 3 younger brothers including Sam Tan who is also an actor and Evan Tan who is a photographer
He has been represented by the Intertalent Rights Group.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
He is of Chinese descent on his father’s side of the family and of Irish descent on his mother’s side.
- Prominent cheekbones
- Sharp nose
- Shapely lips
- Tattoos on his body
- Tall stature
Lewis has been a successful fashion model having been signed with Wilhelmina modeling agency and landed a contract as the face of Nivea in Asia for some years when he did many campaigns and commercials. He has done editorial advertisements with several brands like Diesel, and Levi’s.
Lewis Tan Favorite Things
- Passion – Tattoos having seen them as a part of his story similar to a diary disclosing how the ones on his fingers consisting of the words “grace” and “love” were actually in an old ex-girlfriend’s handwriting with whom he has continued being great friends and so the inking has represented the special feeling
Source – JustJared.com
Lewis Tan Facts
- He was brought up mostly in Los Angeles and he has also lived in France, Thailand, Spain, and China.
- Lewis has performed all his own fight sequences, using multiple styles like Muay Thai, Kung Fu, Ju-Jitsu as well as Japanese katana swordplay.
- He once saved the life of his neighbor from an armed attacker.
- Lewis has revealed that he is a minimalist, that has been reflected in his approach to his bedroom, where there is no television and nothing on the walls. He has a low Japanese bed with a bright light glowing underneath it making it seem to be floating. He has put candles on either side of the bed, and nothing else in the room. Lewis has found the setup to be conducive to good sleep and has believed a bedroom should be kept simple and sacred.
Featured Image by Lewis Tan / Instagram