|Lisa Banes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1955|
Lisa Banes is an American actress, stage artist, and voiceover artist who is known for her roles like Marybeth Elliott in the psychological thriller film Gone Girl, Headmistress Higgins in the comedy film Legally Blondes, Ellen Collins in the USA Network comedy-drama series Royal Pains, Jessica Lewsohn in the television film Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?, Hollis in the psychological horror film A Cure for Wellness, Georgina Winters in the UPN Western drama series Legacy, Victoria in the HBO drama show Six Feet Under, Mayor Anita Massengil in the FX sitcom Son of the Beach, Georgia Boone in the CBS sitcom King of Queens, and Ranch Director in the musical soap opera Nashville.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lisa Banes attended the Juilliard School in New York City and studied acting.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Stage Artist
Lisa Banes has been represented by Leading Artists Inc., Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lisa Banes has dated –
- Kathryn Kranhold – Lisa has been married to Kathryn Kranhold.
Race / Ethnicity
Usually sported short hair
Lisa Banes Facts
- She played the role of Alison Porter in the Off-Broadway production of Look Back in Anger and this won her a 1981 Theatre World Award.
- Lisa Banes’ stage credits include playing Cassie in the Neil Simon play Rumors in 1988 and Margaret Lord in the musical High Society in 1998. She was also cast in Accent on Youth with David Hyde Pierce in 2009 as well as in the 2010 revival of Present Laughter with Victor Garber.
- She was cast in the play titled Isn’t it Romantic? and her performance got her nominated for a Drama Desk Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Play” in 1984.
- In 2013, Lisa Banes provided vocals to the character of Lady Hera Visari in the video game named Killzone: Shadow Fall.
- She appeared as Marybeth Elliott, Amy’s mother, in the 2014 psychological thriller film, Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Carrie Coon, Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, and Kim Dickens.
- Lisa Banes suffered a severe brain injury on June 4, 2021, when she was struck by a motorist on a scooter in a hit-and-run accident in New York City. She was soon admitted to Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital.
Featured Image by The Huntington / Flickr / CC BY 2.0