|Lisa Ling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 30, 1973|
Lisa Ling is an American television personality, author, and journalist who has won accolades for her work in CNN’s This Is Life with Lisa Ling (2014-Present), The View (1999-2002), Our America with Lisa Ling (2011-2014), etc.
Lisa J. Ling
Baby, Young One
Sacramento, California, United States
Lisa graduated from Del Campo High School in California in 1991. She attended the University of Southern California, but dropped out before completing her graduation.
Journalist, Television Personality, Author
- Father – Chung Teh ‘Douglas’ Ling
- Mother – Mary Mei-yan
- Siblings – Laura Ling (Younger Sister) (Journalist, Television Host, Writer)
Lisa’s net worth was $12 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa has dated –
- Rick Yune (2001-2005)
- Philip Levine (2004-2005)
- Paul Song (2007-Present) – Lisa wed Paul Song, who works as a radiation oncologist, in California on May 26, 2007. The couple is parents to daughters Jett Ling Song (b. March 8, 2013) and Ray Ling Song (b. June 6, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Taiwanese ancestry on her mother’s side and is of Chinese descent on her father’s side.
Tattoo of a dove on her ankle (dedicated to her sister)
Lisa Ling Facts
- Her lifelong hero is the celebrated American journalist, Connie Chung.
- Lisa was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder at the age of 40.
- Her paternal grandfather was one of the first students of Chinese descent allowed to study in the United States in the 1930s.
- In 1999, Lisa was chosen to replace Debbie Matenopoulos as the co-host of The View from among 12,000 candidates.
- She has done investigative pieces on wide-ranging issues like the drug war in Colombia, the dangerous MS-13 gang, child trafficking in Ghana, the humanitarian crisis in North Korea, the 2007 Virginia Tech Massacre, the war in Afghanistan, and many others.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0