|Lyle Lovett Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1957|
Lyle Lovett is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer who had released 13 albums and won 4 Grammy Awards, as of December 2021. Besides his illustrious career in music, he has also acted in numerous films and TV series. In 2011, he had been named ‘Texas State Artist Musician’ by the Texas Commission on the Arts. In October 2019, he was inducted into the ‘Austin City Limits Hall of Fame’.
Lyle Pearce Lovett
Houston, Texas, United States
Texas, United States
Lyle, after his high school graduation, had joined Texas A&M University, a public land-grant research university in College Station, Texas. He had graduated from there in 1980 with Bachelor of Arts degrees in both German and Journalism. In 2015, he had received the ‘Distinguished Alumnus’ award from the university.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer
- Father – William Pearce Lovett (Marketing Executive)
- Mother – Bernell Louise Lovett (née Klein) (Training Specialist)
- Others – Walter Grady Roberts (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Deceased), Betty Lou Roberts (née Bredemus) (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Eric Roberts (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Lisa Roberts Gillan (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Nancy Motes (Ex-Half-Sister-in-Law) (d. February 9, 2014), Emma Roberts (Ex-Niece-in-Law) (Actress, singer)
Texas country, Americana, Outlaw Country, Bluegrass, Western Swing, Country Folk, Country Pop, Country Rock, Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, Jazz
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- MCA Records
- Curb Records
- Lost Highway
Lyle Lovett’s net worth had been $25 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lyle has dated –
- Ashley Judd (1991–1992)
- Julia Roberts (1993-1995) – On June 1, 1993, Lyle had started dating actress Julia Roberts, 10 years his junior. Just a few weeks later, on June 24, 1993, they got engaged. 3 days later, they got married at the St. James Lutheran Church in Marion, Indiana. In March 1995, the couple had separated.
- April Kimble (1997-Present) – Lyle had started dating April Kimble in late 1997. The couple got engaged in 2003 and got married on February 4, 2017, in Harris County, Texas.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Tousled, curly hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Lyle Lovett Facts
- While he was attending Texas A&M University, Lyle used to play solo acoustic sets at the small bars just off the university campus.
- He had started his career as a songwriter but he had soon signed up with MCA Records in 1986 after which he had released his self-titled debut album.
- In March 2002, he had been trapped by a bull against a fence on his uncle’s farm in Klein, Texas. He had sustained severe leg injuries but had fully recovered after 6 months and had started touring again in the summer of 2003.
- He was one among hundreds of artists whose material was destroyed in the 2008 Universal Studios fire.
- In May 2010, he was conferred the honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters by the University of Houston at its general commencement ceremony. His mother was in the audience during the ceremony. Coincidentally, she had received her bachelor’s degree in 1960 from the same university.
- He is an avid horse enthusiast and co-owns and competes in reining competitions. In 2012, he was inducted into the ‘Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame’.
Featured Image by Lyle Lovett / Instagram