|Mary Mara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1960|
Mary Mara was an American actress who is best remembered for her portrayal of characters such as Loretta Sweet in the medical drama TV series ER (1995–1996), Inspector Bryn Carson in the police procedural TV series Nash Bridges (1996–1997), Valerie Hodges in the crime drama TV series Dexter (2009), and Mrs. Sullivan in the crime drama TV series Ray Donovan (2013). She is also well recognized for her work in films and TV films such as The Preppie Murder (1989), Mr. Saturday Night (1992), A Civil Action (1998), Lloyd (2001), and Undoing (2006).
Mary was born on September 21, 1960.
She died on June 26, 2022, due to drowning, while swimming in the St. Lawrence River in Cape Vincent, Jefferson County, New York, United States. She was 61 years old at the time of her death.
Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York, United States
Mary, after her high school graduation, had joined the San Francisco State University (SFSU), a public research university in San Francisco, California. She had graduated from there with a B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) degree.
Thereafter, she had attended the David Geffen School of Drama, a graduate professional school of Yale University, a private Ivy League research university in New Haven, Connecticut. She had graduated from there with an MFA (Master of Fine Arts) degree.
- Father – Roger Mara
- Mother – Lucille Mara
- Siblings – Martha Mara (Sister), Susan Dailey (née Mara) (Sister), Roger Mara, Jr. (Brother)
- Others – Scott Dailey (Brother-in-Law), Christopher Dailey (Nephew), Katie aka Catie Mersola (Ex-Stepdaughter)
She was represented by Craig Dorfman, Manager and Booking Agent, CDA / Frontline Entertainment, Talent Management Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary had dated –
- Jerry Mersola – Mary married a man named Jerry Mersola on September 23, 2006. The timeline of their relationship is hazy but it has been reported that their marriage lasted for about a decade and they did not have any kids together.
- George – Mary was reportedly married to a man named George at the time of her death. The timeline of their relationship is unclear, as she was intent on keeping the relationship low profile.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Mary Mara Facts
- Mary’s brother, Roger Mara, Jr., had stated in a 1996 interview that they were both encouraged to pursue the arts by their mother who had a keen interest in dramatic arts.
- While she was studying at the San Francisco State University (SFSU), she had established a theater company called HART (Haight Ashbury Repertory Theatre).
- In 2003, at the Monaco International Film Festival, she won the Angel Film Award in the category of ‘Best Second Supporting Actress’ for her work in the limited distribution/release film titled Em & Me.
- Besides her work in films, TV films, and TV series, Mary had been featured in several theatre plays such as Kindertransport, Dream of a Common Language, and Mad Forest for the Manhattan Theatre Club in New York; the New York Shakespeare Festival production of Twelfth Night; and the Yale Repertory production of Ivanov.
- She was staying at the summer home of her sister, Martha Mara, in New York, at the time of her death. She used to split her time between homes in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- She had a penchant for collecting shoes.
Featured Image by Mary Mara / Instagram