|Matthew Modine Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1959|
Matthew Modine is an American actor, director, producer, screenwriter, and activist whose notable film credits include Streamers (1983), Birdy (1984), Full Metal Jacket (1987), Vision Quest (1985), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), etc. Additionally, he is known for playing Dr. Martin Brenner in the popular Netflix series, Stranger Things (2016-2017).
Matthew Avery Modine
Loma Linda, California, United States
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Activist
- Father – Mark Modine (Drive-in Theater Manager)
- Mother – Dolores Warner (Bookkeeper)
- Siblings – He has 6 older siblings.
Matthew’s net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
His peak height was 6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew has dated –
- Jenny McShane
- Caridad Rivera (1980-Present) – Matthew married the makeup and wardrobe stylist Caridad Rivera on October 31, 1980. The couple is parents to son Boman Modine (b. November 8, 1985), who works as an assistant director. Moreover, they also have a daughter named Ruby Modine (b. July 31, 1990), who is an actress, ballet dancer, and singer.
- Brenda Schad (2001) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Swedish, Danish, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ with his advancing age.
Matthew Modine Favorite Things
- TV Show – Ridiculousness
Source – Us Magazine
Matthew Modine Facts
- He turned down the iconic role of LT Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell in Top Gun (1986). The role ended up launching the career of Tom Cruise.
- Matthew is the only actor who has worked with both the directors, Stanley Kubrick and Christopher Nolan.
- He founded the Bicycle for a Day initiative to encourage people to reduce their carbon footprint by ditching motor vehicles.
- In 2005, the Canadian all-woman pop band called Pony Up dedicated an entire song, aptly called Matthew Modine, to the actor.
Featured Image by Nick Step / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0