|Mía Maestro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mía Maestro is an Argentinian actress, theatre artist, singer, songwriter, voiceover artist, producer, and model who is known for having been cast in a number of different characters such as Nora Martinez in The Strain, Chichina Ferreyra in The Motorcycle Diaries, Nadia Santos in Alias, Christina Kahlo in Frida, and Carmen in The Twilight Saga. Other than that, her acting credits also include working on numerous others shows and movies like The Venice Project, Tango, For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story, In the Time of the Butterflies, The Holy Girl, The Ten Commandments, Kept and Dreamless, The Summit, Water and Salt, The Speed of Thought, It Goes Without Saying, The Music Never Stopped, Blue Eyed Sailor, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Person of Interest, Grand Street, El Visionario, Hannibal, Nashville, End of the Century, Nunca es tarde, Mayans M.C, and Scandal. At the age of 18, Mía Maestro went to Berlin for a duration of 2 years to hone her skills in the field of art and soon after, she started getting roles in movies and TV shows. Later, she branched out as a singer and released her album, Si Agua. She has also worked as a producer on several projects and her skills as a theatre artist were recognized as she won an ACE Award for her performance in the stage production of Pandora’s Box. Moreover, Mía Maestro has also earned an impressive fan base on social media with more than 100k followers on Facebook, more than 50k followers on Instagram, and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mía Maestro has taken lessons in classical music, dance, and acting in Berlin, Germany.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Model
- Father – He has been a businessman.
- Mother – She has been an economist.
- Siblings – María Pía Maestro (Sister)
Mía Maestro is represented by –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- John Pantle, APA Agency, Talent Agency
Mía Maestro’s album, Si Agua, was jointly released through Arts & Crafts and Nacional Records.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mía Maestro has dated –
- Ned Benson (2004-2006) – In April 2004, Mía Maestro started going out with American screenwriter, actor, film director, and producer, Ned Benson. He is known for having been associated with a number of projects such as Black Widow, Urban Chaos Theory, The Killing of Candice Klein, Imaginary Heroes, Four Lean Hounds, and many more. However, after being in a relationship for around 2 years, the duo decided to end things and head separate ways in May 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Mía Maestro is of Argentinian, Italian, and Swiss-French descent.
Mía Maestro has served as the spokesperson for the brand Movado.
She has also either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of EMK Ceramics, Rascal Voyages, Rocio.G, Gjelina Take Away, CHANEL, KARL LAGERFELD, CO, Le Swing, Jessica Paster, and Gucci.
Best Known For
- Starring in the film, Tango, which won both a Goya Award in the “Best Sound” category as well as a San Diego Film Critics Society Award in the “Best Foreign Language Film” category in 1998. The same year, it was also nominated for an Academy Award in the “Best Foreign Language Film by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences” category as well as a Golden Globe Award in the “Best Foreign Language Film” category.
- Playing the role of Nadia Santos, the daughter of Irina Derevko and Arvin Sloane born out of wedlock, in the American action thriller drama series, Alias. She starred in the show alongside the likes of Jennifer Garner, Ron Rifkin, Michael Vartan, Bradley Cooper, Merrin Dungey, Carl Lumbly, Kevin Weisman, Victor Garber, David Anders, Lena Olin, Greg Grunberg, Melissa George, Rachel Nichols, Balthazar Getty, Élodie Bouchez, and Amy Acker.
- Having been cast as Chichina Ferreyra in the biopic, The Motorcycle Diaries (2004), based on the journey and written memoir of the 23-year-old iconic Marxist guerrilla commander and revolutionary, Che Guevara. She starred in the film alongside Gael Garcia Bernal, Rodrigo de la Serna, Mercedes Morán, Jean Pierre Noher, and Facundo Espinosa and the movie was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the “Best Foreign Film” category in 2005.
- Playing the role of Cristina Kahlo in the American biographical drama film, Frida (2002), that revolves around the professional and private life of the surrealist Mexican painter, Frida Kahlo, and stars Salma Hayek, Alfred Molina, Valeria Golino, Ashley Judd, Roger Rees, Edward Norton, Geoffrey Rush
- Having played a wide range of characters in several other films such as Elena Flores in Tango, Carla in Picking Up the Pieces, Inés in The Holy Girl, Celina in Kept and Dreamless, Celia in The Music Never Stopped, Anna Manheim in The Speed of Thought, Joan in It Goes Without Saying, Carmen Denali in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 as well as in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Zipporah in The Ten Commandments, Maria Teresa in In the Time of the Butterflies, and Marianela in For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story
Mía Maestro released her debut album, Si Agua, in October 2014 via Arts & Crafts and Nacional Records and it consisted of songs such as Si Agua, Wedding, Otra Vez, Kidnapped by Snow, Barca, Time to Go (feat. Damien Rice), Blue Eyed Sailor (feat. Thomas Bartlett), and Goodbye (feat. Damien Rice & Thomas Bartlett). Also, the album was recorded in Iceland.
Mía Maestro made her first theatrical film appearance by playing one of the lead roles of Elena Flores in the Argentine-Spanish musical drama tango film, Tango, in 1998. Directed by Carlos Saura, the lead cast of the film also included actors Miguel Ángel Solá and Juan Luis Galiardo. Also, Mía performed several pieces such as Tango del atardecer, ango lunaire, La represión, and A Juan Carlos Copes.
First TV Show
Mía Maestro made her first TV show appearance as a guest in an episode of the talk-show series, Almorzando con Mirtha Legrand, in 1998.
As a voiceover artist, Mía Maestro made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of Loca in an episode, titled Jungle Love, of the American animated comedy sitcom, Family Guy, in September 2005. The show also included the voices of several other artists like Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Lacey Chabert, Mila Kunis, and Mike Henry.
Mía Maestro Favorite Things
- One Of Her Favorite Piano Players – Thomas Bartlett
Source – InterviewMagazine.com
Mía Maestro Facts
- When she was 18 years old, she shifted to Berlin, Germany to pursue her dreams as a classical music vocalist and get respective training. Two years later, she returned to her homeland.
- Mía Maestro has described her parents as overprotective.
- In the American made-for-television biographical drama film titled For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story, she starred as Marianela, the mother of the character played by Freddy Rodríguez despite the fact that he is, in fact, 3 years older than her.
- She auditioned to secure the role of Alicia Nash in the critically-acclaimed American biographical drama film, A Beautiful Mind (2001). To her disappointment, the role went to American actress Jennifer Connelly who was included in the film’s lead cast alongside the likes of Russell Crowe, Ed Harris, Paul Bettany, Adam Goldberg, Judd Hirsch, Josh Lucas, Anthony Rapp, and Christopher Plummer.
- Initially, Mía Maestro was considered for the role of Elektra Natchios, the daughter of billionaire Nikolas Natchios and the love interest of Matt Murdock, in the American superhero film, Daredevil (2003). However, the role finally went to American actress, Jennifer Garner, who starred in the film alongside Ben Affleck, Michael Clarke Duncan, Colin Farrell, Joe Pantoliano, Jon Favreau, David Keith, and Scott Terra.
- In July 2005, she was included in the lead cast of the Hans Christian Anderson musical “My Life as a Fairy Tale” at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City, New York, United States.
- She was also cast in the music video for the song “Te Amo Corazón” by American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, dancer, actor, and filmmaker, Prince, in the year 2005.
- Mía Maestro played one of the lead roles of Elena Morales, a stowaway girl going to meet her sick brother in the hospital with a friend and waiter Valentine, in the American disaster film, Poseidon, in 2006. Directed by Wolfgang Petersen, the film also starred the likes of Josh Lucas, Kurt Russell, Richard Dreyfuss, and Emmy Rossum.
- In 2001, she was ranked at number #61 in Stuff‘s “100 Sexiest Women” list and at number #67 in Maxim‘s “100 Sexiest Women” list. Later, she was ranked at number #99 in Maxim magazine “Hot 100 of 2007” list.
- She enjoys surfing, scuba diving, and playing soccer.
- Mía Maestro has also won an ACE Award in the “Best New Artist of the Year” category for her brilliant performance in the stage production of the 1904 play by the German dramatist Frank Wedekind titled “Pandora’s Box”.
- Interestingly enough, she bagged the role of Nadia Santos in Alias when she met series producer J.J. Abrams while intending to get a role in another of his shows titled Lost.
- She was cast as a guest star named Maya in some episodes of the police procedural drama TV series, White Collar, which starred Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, Willie Garson, Marsha Thomason, Tiffani Thiessen, and several others.
- From 2014 to 2015, Mía Maestro played the role of Dr. Nora Martinez in the American vampire horror drama television series, The Strain. It was created by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro, whom she has described saying, “He is such a unique director and such a wonderful, I would say, imagination machine or dream machine. Guillermo has that sensitivity that is quite unique and it’s what makes him this incredible artist. And there is no one like him. He has this love for his monsters and love for his stories, and he conveys this fantastical genre and the horror genre with so much soul and so much humanism in a way that’s quite seldom seen.”.
- As a producer, her credits include having worked on projects such as Into the Okavango and Blue Eyed Sailor.
- In 2015, Mía Maestro made guest appearances as Elise Martin in a few episodes of the American political thriller TV series, Scandal.
- She has a dog named River.
- Mía Maestroshares a friendly bond with Maggie Grace, Lee Pace, and Salma Hayek, with whom she has also starred in at least 4 films, namely, Frida (2002), In the Time of the Butterflies (2001), Hotel (2001), and Timecode (2000).
- Visit her official website @ miamaestro.com.
- Follow Mía Maestro on Instagram, Facebook, Spotify, iTunes, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0