|Michelle Hurd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1966|
Michelle Hurd is an American actress who came into the spotlight after playing the lead role of Monique Jeffries in the crime drama television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999–2001). She gained further recognition by appearing in many other TV shows including The Glades (2010–2013), and Blindspot (2016–2020). Michelle has also starred in several films such as Being Frank (2018) and has performed in various plays like The Violet Hour that premiered at the South Coast Repertory in 2002, where she has essayed the part of Jessie Brewster.
New York City, New York, United States
She went to Saint Ann’s School, graduating in 1984. She then graduated from Boston University in 1988. She took lessons in Dance at the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. After her graduation from college, she attended London’s National Theatre.
- Father – Hugh Hurd (Actor)
- Mother – Merlyn Hurd née Purdy (Actress, Clinical Psychologist)
- Siblings – She has three sisters including actress and dancer Adrienne Hurd who is older than her.
She has been represented by Agency for the Performing Arts.
Her net worth was $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Garret Dillahunt (1996-Present) – She began dating actor Garret Dillahunt in 1996. They tied the knot on July 6, 2007.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
She is of African and Jamaican descent on her father’s side of the family, and of English, Scottish, and German descent on her mother’s side.
She tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Expressive eyes
- Wide mouth
Michelle Hurd Favorite Things
- Passion – Working out, so much so that she has not been able to imagine a life without it, and has forced herself to take a day off every week in order to give her body the break needed
- Personal Fitness Motto – You can rest when you’re dead
Source – Sun-Sentinel.com
Michelle Hurd Facts
- She has been known for her incredible abs, that she had developed as a teen martial artist at the age of 16, and has continued to sculpt. Her sensei would make her do millions of situps and innumerable core work and she ended up getting the stomach muscles that decided to stay.
- Michelle has believed that our body is our temple that we must respect, and she has strived to ensure everything inside and outside is as fit as possible. She has been an athlete since she was a kid and had done track and field for the Police Athletic League, along with martial arts that had consisted of Judo and Karate. Michelle has found exercise to have brought her a lot of calm with her having got into a zone. She has regularly done kickboxing, yoga, and ballet barre.
- She has been one of the few actresses to have played characters for both Marvel Television and DC Entertainment.
- Michelle has been delighted to have got the opportunity to play the lead character of Raffi Musiker in the television series Star Trek: Picard, since 2020, as she has been a huge fan of the show that used to be on always at her house while growing up.
- She has loved to eat fruits and vegetables, having turned into a pescatarian after noticing that meat took her body a long time to digest. She has enjoyed salads, and also popcorn and chocolate-covered peanuts.
Featured Image by Michelle Hurd / Instagram