|Mitzi Gaynor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1931|
Mitzi Gaynor is an American actress, singer, and dancer who is known for her roles in films such as Irving Berlin’s There’s No Business Like Show Business, South Pacific, Down Among the Sheltering Palms, The I Don’t Care Girl, Golden Girl, The Birds and the Bees, For Love or Money, and Take Care of My Little Girl.
Francesca Marlene de Czanyi von Gerber
Mitzi Gaynor, Mitzi Gerber
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Mitzi Gaynor trained as a ballerina when she was young.
Actress, Dancer, Singer
- Father – Henry de Czanyi von Gerber (Violinist, Cellist, Music Director)
- Mother – Pauline (Dancer)
- Others – Norma Duncan (née Brooker) (Stepmother), Donald W. Duncan (Step-Brother) (U.S. Army Special Forces soldier who served during the Vietnam War, Anti-War Activist)
Mitzi Gaynor is represented by Polly O. Entertainment, LLC., Talent Management Company, Studio City, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mitzi Gaynor has dated –
- Jack Bean (1954-2006) – On November 18, 1954, she got married to Jack Bean, a talent agent and public relations executive for MCA, in San Francisco, California, and they lived on North Arden Drive in Beverly Hills, California.
Race / Ethnicity
Mitzi Gaynor is of Hungarian and Austrian descent.
- Charming smile
- Usually sported short hair
Mitzi Gaynor appeared in the print adverts for Lux soap in 1959.
Mitzi Gaynor Facts
- She shifted to Elgin, Illinois, with her family before relocating to Detroit when she was still quite young. Afterward, the family settled in Hollywood when she was 11 years old.
- Mitzi Gaynor enjoyed singing and dancing with the Los Angeles Civic Light Opera company when she was 13 years old.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Gloria Adams in the 1950 technicolor musical drama film, My Blue Heaven, in which she starred alongside Dan Dailey.
- She brought to life the character of Ensign Nellie Forbush in the film version of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s South Pacific and her performance got her nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- At the 25th annual Bistro Awards in New York City, Mitzi Gaynor received the Bob Harrington Lifetime Achievement Award on April 13, 2010.
- She has also appeared on a number of TV shows like Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, The Bob Braun Show, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Merv Griffin Show, The Ed Sullivan Show, The Frank Sinatra Show, and The Donald O’Connor Show.
- About dancing, Mitzi Gaynor once said, “Dancing is still the hardest profession. Gene Kelly said dancing is a man’s game Women have to do the same thing in heels and have to sing and smile at the same time. Professional athletes don’t even have to do that – and they get to wear sneakers.”
Featured Image by Unknown Author / allposters.com / Public Domain