|Neil Cicierega Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1986|
Neil Cicierega is an American comedian, actor, filmmaker, singer, YouTuber, musician, songwriter, puppeteer, artist, and animator who is best known for creating a series of surrealist Flash animations, called Animutation, that depict arbitrary scenes and pop culture imagery set to novelty/foreign music. He has also released several music albums under the title Lemon Demon; as well as a series of mashup albums under his own name which has earned him a cult following.
Neil Stephen Cicierega
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Somerville, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States
Neil’s parents had started homeschooling him in the fourth grade.
Comedian, Actor, Filmmaker, Singer, YouTuber, Musician, Songwriter, Puppeteer, Artist, Animator
- Father – Jerry Cicierega (Programmer)
- Mother – Nancy Cicierega
- Siblings – Emmy Cicierega (Younger Sister) (Illustrator, Storyboard Artist), Ben Cicierega (Younger Brother). He has another sister.
Rock, Pop, New Wave, Comedy, Mashup, Synth-Pop, Synthpunk, Electronic Rock, Electropop, Remix
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Neil has dated –
- Ming Doyle (2015-Present) – Neil had married illustrator Ming Doyle on August 8, 2015. They have a daughter together named Darcy (b. March 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Lean physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
Neil Cicierega Facts
- As Neil’s father was a programmer, he used to be surrounded by computers while growing up. This early exposure to technology was a key influence in his and his sister Emmy’s inclination towards animation.
- From a very young age, he had started using a simplistic game development software called Klik & Play. He soon began to create amateur games, and later started creating digital music to use in those games. He then shared his music online through MP3.com, a website operated by CNET Networks that publishes news items about digital music and artists, songs, services, and technologies.
- On that platform, he would use the screen name ‘Trapezoid’, which he had later changed to ‘Deporitaz’, an anagram of ‘Trapezoid’. He had to do so as another band that was active on the platform was already using the name ‘Trapezoid’. Around the same time, he had also started to compose MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) music fragments.
- In October 2012, he had created a satirical blog titled Windows 95 Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks which was hosted at windows95tips.com. In his posts there, he had created a storyline where the Windows 95 operating system was depicted as an evil entity that was hell-bent on dominating the entire human race. He would often edit the operating system’s error messages with weird text such as ‘Windows needs a lock of your hair to continue’ and present them in the exact graphical style of Windows 95.
- In February 2015, he had announced his first point-and-click adventure game called Icon Architect 1.0, similar to his Windows 95 Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks blog. Exactly 3 years later, he had released his first video game titled Monster Breeder.
- In March 2019, he had created a Twitter account (@BotPops) that writes setups for jokes and finishes them by selecting a punchline from the replies.
Featured Image by Neil Cicierega / Instagram