|Nikita Mazepin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1999|
Nikita Mazepin is a Russian professional racing driver who had finished 2nd overall in the 2018 GP3 Series, 3rd in the 2019-20 Formula 3 Asian Championship, and 5th in the 2020 FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) Formula 2 Championship. He had briefly served as a development driver for the Force India F1 team before it was announced in December 2020 that he had signed a multi-year deal to join the Haas F1 Team in 2021 to compete in the Formula One World Championship.
Nikita Dmitryevich Mazepin
Nikita had attended the Detskaya Shkola Kartinga (Stolitsa Kart), a sports school in Moscow. He had later studied at the Moscow State University.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Dmitry Mazepin (Businessman, Chairman of Uralchem Integrated Chemicals Company, Former Military Interpreter)
- 9 – Formula One World Championship
- 24 – FIA Formula 2 Championship
Formula One Teams
Nikita has raced for –
- Haas F1 Team (2021-Present)
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nikita has dated –
- Alena Shishkova (2016-2017)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Nikita Mazepin Facts
- Nikita’s first FIA level feeder tournament was the 2016 FIA Formula 3 European Championship for Hitech Grand Prix. It was a season to forget for him though as he had scored just 10 points in 30 races and had finished 20th overall which was the lowest position for a driver who had competed at every race in that season.
- During that season, he had physically assaulted one of his opponents named Callum Ilott after the two were involved in squabble due to an on-track accident involving them. He had consequently been banned from the first race of the Hungaroring leg, the 4th race of the season overall.
- The ban was more controversial than the incident itself as many in the racing fraternity, including Callum’s team boss Frits van Amersfoort, had criticized the stewards and the authorities of being ‘too lenient’ with Nikita. Despite the controversy, he was retained for the subsequent season and had put in a much-improved performance, finishing 10th overall with 3 podium finishes.
- At the 2018 GP3 Series, where had finished 2nd overall, he had won 4 of the 18 races which were the most for any driver that year. Interestingly, this was 2 more than the overall winner Anthoine Hubert. Even more astonishing was the fact that David Beckmann, who had ended up 5th overall, had won 3 races, 1 more than Anthoine.
- In December 2020, he was involved in a major controversy after he had posted an Instagram story in which he appeared to be inappropriately groping the b*easts of a model named Andrea D’Ival. He had posted an unconditional apology on social media but had deleted it 9 days later after Andrea had defended him by stating that the incident was just a joke between the two. She later posted a message on social media urging women to not let anyone be disrespectful to them. This message, which was contrary to her earlier response, had led Nikita and Andrea to unfollow each other.
Featured Image by Nikita Mazepin / Instagram