|Noo Phuoc Thinh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Noo Phuoc Thinh is a Vietnamese singer who is best known for publishing the solo studio albums Three dots (2009), Lost in the Night (2011), and Touch My Heart A Little Bit (2018). Besides, he has released numerous chart-topping singles and has performed several popular duets with the leading female singers in Vietnam. In 2016, he had won the 2nd season of the singing-based competitive reality TV show titled The Remix. He has also served as the mentor/judge on reality TV shows such as Vietnamese Voice Children (2016) and Vietnamese Voice (2017-2018).
Nguyen Phuoc Thinh
Noo Phuoc Thinh
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Noo Phuoc Thinh had attended the Thinh Hoang Hoa Tham High School in his hometown of Ho Chi Minh City. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Faculty of Business Administration at the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HUTECH), a private university.
Pop, R&B, Rock, Dance
Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Vietnamese descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Noo Phuoc Thinh Facts
- Noo Phuoc Thinh’s birth name is Nguyen Phuoc Thinh. Since his birthday falls very close to Christmas, his parents had wanted to name him Noel. However, as they realized that Noel could be slightly difficult for some elderly people in their house and neighborhood to pronounce, they started calling their son ‘No’. When somebody pointed that this name was ‘too negative’, they added an extra ‘O’ to it and began calling him ‘Noo’. This name stuck and once his music career took off, he had chosen to use Noo Phuoc Thinh as his stage name.
- During his university days, he had become a photo model which had led to acting roles in films such as Kaleidoscope and a few other supporting roles. This was before he had decided to pursue music as a career. His musical talent was first noticed by popular singer Thuy Tien who had urged him to record a song and send it to a few record labels. They would go on to collaborate on multiple songs in the future.
- In October 2016, he had represented Vietnam at the Asia Song Festival held in Korea. He had performed 2 songs there – a classic old hit titled Wipe Tears with a new mix and a new song titled I Don’t Believe in You with Korean rapper Basik.
- In December 2016, he was honored with the ‘Best Asian Artist Vietnam’ award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards, an annual Korean musical award show.
- In June 2017, he had become the first Vietnamese singer to take on the role of Japan Tourism Goodwill Ambassador.
- In January 2018, he had won the ‘Singer of the Year’ award at the 2017 Mai Vang Awards.
- In March 2018, he had become the first Vietnamese singer to attend the Hong Kong Asian – Pop Music Festival.
Featured Image by Noo Phuoc Thinh / Instagram