|O Yeong-su Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 19, 1944|
O Yeong-su is a South Korean actor and theatre artist who started acting in theatre in 1967. He has been cast in shows and movies such as Squid Game, A Little Monk, Queen Seondeok, The Return of Iljimae, The First Republic, God of War, The Fairy Of Shampoo, and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring.
Japanese Korea (later South Korea)
Actor, Theatre Artist
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
O Yeong-su is of Korean descent.
- Receding hairline
- Has often been cast as a monk
O Yeong-su Facts
- He co-starred as Old Monk in the 2003 romantic drama film Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring. The film follows the life of a Buddhist monk as he passes through the seasons of his life, from childhood to old age.
- In 2009, O Yeong-su was cast as Monk Wol-Cheon in the historical romantic drama television series Queen Seondeok.
- He appeared as Monk Yeol-gong in the historical romantic action television series The Return of Iljimae in 2009.
- From 1987 to 2010, he was a member of the National Theater Company of Korea.
- O Yeong-su has credited actor and voice artist Jang Min-ho as his mentor.
- In 2012, he played Monk Su-gi in the historical action period drama series God of War.
- Alongside Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-joon, Jung Ho-yeon, Heo Sung-tae, Anupam Tripathi, and Kim Joo-ryoung, O Yeong-su co-starred as Oh Il-nam, an elderly man with a brain tumor who prefers playing the Game as opposed to waiting to die in the outside world, in the Netflix survival drama series Squid Game in 2021.
- His theatre credits include having been a part of productions such as King Lear, Fathers and Sons, The Tempest, and Prince Yeonseon, the Problematic Figure.