|Padmini Kolhapure Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1965|
Padmini Kolhapure is an Indian actress and singer who is best known for her work in films such as Zindagi (1976), Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978), Insaf Ka Tarazu (1980), Prem Rog (1982), Souten (1983), and Pyar Jhukta Nahin (1985).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Father – Pandharinath Kolhapure (Professional Musician, Vocalist, Veena Player)
- Mother – Nirupama Kolhapure (Former Member of the Ground Staff Operations Team of Air India, the flag carrier airline of India)
- Singer – Shivangi Kapoor (Older Sister) (Actress), Tejaswini Kolhapure (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Pandit Krishnarao Kolhapure (Paternal Grandfather) (Music Teacher), Shakti Kapoor (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Shraddha Kapoor (Maternal Niece) (Actress), Siddhanth Kapoor (Maternal Nephew) (Actor), Shaza Morani (Daughter-in-Law), Karim Morani (Brother-in-Law) (Film Producer)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Padmini has dated –
- Pradeep Sharma (1986-Present) – Padmini had met film producer Pradeep ‘Tutu’ Sharma while she was shooting for the film Aisa Pyar Kahan (1986). After a brief spell of dating, they got married later that year. They have a son together named Priyaank K. Sharma (b. February 5, 1990) (Film Direction Assistant).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Maharashtrian descent on her father’s side and Konkani Brahmin descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Long, dense, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Padmini Kolhapure Facts
- Padmini’s family had taken the surname ‘Kolhapure’ as her father’s ancestors had hailed from the city of Kolhapur in the Indian state of Maharashtra.
- She had started acting from a very young age and had come into the spotlight for her portrayal of the young Roopa, the female protagonist of the cult-classic 1978 film Satyam Shivam Sundaram.
- When she was 15 years old, she had won the Filmfare Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for playing the character of Neeta in Insaf Ka Tarazu (1980). 2 years later, she had won the Filmfare Award in the category of ‘Best Actress’ for playing the character of Manorama (Rama) in Prem Rog (1982). She was, at that time, the second-youngest actress to win both those awards.
- She was later also nominated for the Filmfare Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her work in Souten (1983) and ‘Best Actress’ for her work in Pyar Jhukta Nahin (1985).
- In addition to acting, she is also an accomplished singer. As a child artist, she had contributed vocals in the chorus for songs in movies such as Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973), Kitab, and Dushman Dost. She later sang tracks for films such as Vidhaata, Daana Pani, Professor Ki Padosan, Hum Intezaar Karenge, and Sadak Chaap.
- She had also released an album with legendary music director Bappi Lahiri titled Music Lovers. She had even performed with him and his troupe for the Greater London Council at the Royal Albert Hall in London in 1986.
- Her paternal grandmother was the half-sister of Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar, a renowned actor, musician, and vocalist. This makes Padmini a distant niece of the legendary Indian playback singer and music director Lata Mangeshkar and her sister Asha Bhonsle, another playback singing legend of the Indian film industry.
Featured Image by Padmini Kolhapure / Instagram