|Pallavi Joshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1969|
Pallavi Joshi is an Indian actress, writer, and film producer who is best known for her work in films such as Andha Yudh (1988), Trishagni (1988), Rukmavati Ki Haveli (1991), Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda (1993), Woh Chokri (1994), Ilayum Mullum (1994), The Making of the Mahatma (1996), Rita (2009), Buddha in a Traffic Jam (2016), The Tashkent Files (2019), and The Kashmir Files (2022). She had co-produced the last 2 of those films. She is also well recognized for her portrayal of characters such as Cadet Nikita Sachdev in the military drama TV series Aarohan (1996-1997), Amrita Bajaj in the medical drama TV series Alpviram (1998), Leela Sharma in the TV soap opera Justujoo (2002-2004), Reva Kapoor in the drama TV series Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko (2004-2005), and Devika Gaikwad in the musical drama TV series Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai (2015-2016).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pallavi had attended the Raja Shivaji Vidyalaya, a high school in the Dadar neighborhood of Mumbai. After her high school graduation, she joined Hansraj College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi, a collegiate, public, central university in New Delhi.
Actress, Writer, Film Producer
- Father – Madhusudan Joshi
- Mother – Sushma Joshi (Singer) (Deceased)
- Siblings – Alankar Joshi (Brother) (Actor), Padmashree Joshi (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Anuja Joshi (Niece) (Actress), Anisha Joshi (Niece), Vijay Kadam (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Dr. Prabhu Dayal Agnihotri (Father-in-Law) (Educationist, Writer, Sanskrit Scholar), Sharda Agnihotri (Mother-in-Law), Muniya Agnihotri (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pallavi has dated –
- Vivek Agnihotri (1997-Present) – Pallavi got married to Indian film director, screenwriter, producer, and author Vivek Agnihotri in 1997. They have 2 children together – a son named Manan Agnihotri and a daughter named Mallika Agnihotri. Pallavi and Vivek are the co-founders of an NGO called I am Buddha Foundation (IABF). IABF mentors and trains disadvantaged/underprivileged youth in creative fields. The couple has also collaborated on films such as Buddha in a Traffic Jam (2016), The Tashkent Files (2019), and The Kashmir Files (2022). In 2019, Vivek had written, directed, and produced a web series titled Bharat Ki Baat which was hosted by Pallavi.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair light brown.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Has 2 moles on her neck
Pallavi Joshi Facts
- Pallavi had made her acting debut at the age of just 4 with a minor role in the Hindi-language film Naag Mere Sathi (1973).
- In the 1970s and 1980s, she and her brother (Alankar Joshi) had made quite a name for themselves as child artists, having worked in a combined total of more than 50 films, mostly in the Hindi, Gujarati, and Marathi languages.
- At the 41st National Film Awards, presented in September 1994, she won the ‘Special Jury Award’ for her portrayal of the character of Apsara in the 1994 drama film titled Woh Chokri.
- Besides her prolific acting career, she had served as a co-host of the highly popular and competitive singing-based reality TV show Antakshari and the host of the similarly-themed TV show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs.
- At the 67th National Film Awards, presented in October 2021, she won the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ award for her portrayal of the character of Aiysha Ali Shah in The Tashkent Files (2019).
Featured Image by Pallavi Joshi / Instagram