|Pankaj Advani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1985|
Pankaj Advani is an Indian billiards and snooker player who is widely regarded as not just one of the best cueists but one of the greatest sportsperson ever produced by India. As of January 2021, he had won the IBSF (International Billiards and Snooker Federation) World Billiards Championship a record 15 times across different formats, the IBSF World Snooker Championship 5 times (thrice in the ’15 Reds’ format and twice in the ‘6 Reds’ format), the World Team Billiards Championship once, the IBSF World Team Cup once, and the IBSF World Team Championship once. Representing India, in the English billiards event, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2006 Doha Asian Games as well as the 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games. He had turned professional in snooker in 2012 and had won the IBSF World 6-Red Snooker Championship in 2014, in his very first attempt, thus becoming India’s first world champion in the format. For his services to cue sports, Pankaj has been awarded the Arjuna Award in 2004, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (the highest sporting honor in India) in 2006, the Padma Shri (India’s 4th-highest civilian award) in 2009, and the Padma Bhushan (India’s 3rd-highest civilian award) in 2018.
Pankaj Arjan Advani
The Prince of Pune, The Prince of India, The Golden Boy, Punks
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Bengaluru, Bayalu Seeme, Karnataka, India
Pankaj had attended The Frank Anthony Public School, a day-school in Bengaluru. He had then earned a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College in Bengaluru.
Billiards and Snooker Player
- Father – Arjan Advani
- Mother – Kajal Advani
- Siblings – Shree Advani (Older Brother) (Sports Psychologist)
He is represented by Baseline Ventures, Sports Marketing, Entertainment & Brand Licensing Company, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pankaj has dated –
- Saniya Shadadpuri (2021-Present) – Pankaj got married to celebrity makeup artist Saniya Shadadpuri on January 6, 2021, in a grand ceremony in Mumbai.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Sindhi descent.
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Pankaj Advani Facts
- Pankaj was introduced to cue sports by his older brother Shree when he was just 10 years old. He soon began to undergo training in the sport under the watchful eyes of former national champion and renowned coach Arvind Savur.
- A year later, at the age of 11, he began to compete at the state and national level, and in 2000, he won his first Indian Junior Billiards Championship title. He repeated the feat in both 2001 and 2003.
- In 2003, he won the Indian Junior Snooker and Billiards Championship. The same year, he also won the senior snooker championship becoming the then youngest national snooker champion.
- In 2005, at the IBSF World Billiards Championship, he had become the first player to have won the title in both the time and point formats. He repeated this rare feat of completing the ‘Grand Double’ in 2008, 2014, and 2018.
- As of January 2021, he was the only cueist in the world to have won the Asian Championships and World Championships in all the formats of billiards and snooker.
Featured Image by Pankaj Advani / Instagram