|Parvathy Thiruvothu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Parvathy Thiruvothu is a well-distinguished Indian actress, feminist, and TV presenter who is best known for her commendable choice of films. She has been cast a number of hit films like Notebook (2006), Milana (2007), Poo (2008), City of God (2011), Maryan (2013), Bangalore Days (2014), Ennu Ninte Moideen (2015), Qarib Qarib Singlle (2017), Koode (2018), and Virus (2019). On the other hand, she is also known for her righteous and outspoken nature. Parvathy has a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Parvathy Thiruvothu Kottuvata
Kozhikode, Kerala, India
Kochi, Kerala, India
Parvathy studied at Kendriya Vidyalaya Pangode. Later, he graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from All Saints’ College, Trivandrum.
Thereafter, Parvathy went on to pursue a Master of Arts through distance a learning program.
Actress, Feminist, TV Presenter
- Father – P. Vinod Kumar (Lawyer)
- Mother – T. K. Usha Kumari (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Karunakaran (Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Heartshaped face
- Protruding eyes
- Petite physique
- Wears a nose ring
Parvathy Thiruvothu Favorite Things
- Books – Khasakkinte Ithihasam (1969), By the Light of My Father’s Smile (1998), The Kite Runner (2003), Mayyazhippuzhayude Theerangalil (1999), Doctors (1988)
Source – The Hindu
Parvathy Thiruvothu Facts
- She grew up in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Parvathy is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- She gets her last 2 initials “Thiruvothu Kottuvata” from her mother’s side.
- In the past, she worked as a full-time anchor for the channel, Kiran TV in Thiruvananthapuram. During her stint there, she was notably known for her phone-in program.
- She made her debut theatrical film appearance as Gayatri, a college student in the film Out of Syllabus in 2006.
- Amongst the many accolades that she has received for her outstanding skills are a Filmfare Award South, SIIMA Award, Kerala State Film Award, and the 1st IIFA Utsavam award.
- She once stated that she enjoyed her own company the most.
- Parvathy has been a victim of cyberbullying, rape, and death threats ever since she stood up against the use of misogynist dialogues such as those that were made in actor Mammootty’s film Kasaba (2016).
- She is one of the founding members of the “Women in Cinema Collective.” Her work has been praised by reputed companies like Forbes and Vogue.
- During her days at school, she shared no interest in watching movies and in college, she was very keen on studying literature more extensively.
- Parvathy prefers to accept only one role at a time but only if it is different.
- She once stated that she would love to play the role of Lady Macbeth on screen.
- Parvathy is multilingual to an extent, she can speak in Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, French, Malayalam, and English.
- She is a big fan of actors Smita Patil, Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, Bharat Gopi, and Srividya.
- In November 2018, Parvathy made headlines for having deleted her social media accounts and as of late 2019, only her Twitter account was publicly accessible.
Featured Image By Syed Shiyaz Mirza / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0