|Patti Harrison Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Patti Harrison is an American actor, comedian, writer, and voiceover artist who rose to popularity by appearing as Ruthie in the comedy series Shrill. She has also been cast in several other projects which include Together Together, The Special Without Brett Davis, Magical Girl Friendship Squad, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, BoJack Horseman, Bob’s Burgers, I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson, Search Party, Made for Love, A Simple Favor, Channel Surfing, High Maintenance, History of Swear Words, and The Great North.
Orient, Pickaway County, Ohio, United States
Patti Harrison studied at Ohio University and joined the Black Sheep improv team.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Voiceover Artist
- Siblings – She has 6 older siblings.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
Patti Harrison is of English descent on her father’s side and has Vietnamese ancestry on her mother’s side.
Patti Harrison Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in the rural conservative community of Orient, Ohio.
- Her parents met during the Vietnam War as her father was in the U.S. Army.
- Patti was 6 years old when her father died from a heart attack.
- She is the youngest sibling.
- Growing up, she enjoyed the sketch comedy television series Mad TV and loved the women comedians on the show, including Nicole Sullivan, Mo Collins, and Debra Wilson.
- Patti Harrison was in college when she first got involved in comedy.
- After graduating from Ohio University, she came out as a trans woman and started living with her family. She has stated that her family has been supportive of her choices.
- In the year 2015, she shifted to New York in order to pursue comedy full-time.
- Describing her comedic persona during an interview with Vogue, Patti Harrison said, “I’m a nasty stupid person—that’s my voice. I’m an evil shitty person on stage, in a very conscious way—the evil is punching up.”
- She made her first theatrical film appearance as Kiko in the 2018 black comedy crime thriller film, A Simple Favor, which stars Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively, Henry Golding, Andrew Rannells, Linda Cardellini, Rupert Friend, and Jean Smart.
- Alongside Ed Helms, Patti Harrison co-starred as Anna in the 2021 comedy film Together Together.
- As a voice actor, she made her film debut by providing vocals to the character of Chief of Tail in the computer-animated fantasy action-adventure film, Raya and the Last Dragon, in 2021. This made her the first known transgender actor to appear in a Disney animated film.
Featured Image by Patti Harrison / Instagram