|Paz Vega Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1976|
Paz Vega is a well-known Spanish actress and model who started her acting career in 1997 with the show Menudo es mi padre. Thereafter, she went on to be cast in many distinct roles such as Lucía in Lucía y el sexo (2001), Flor Moreno in Spanglish (2004), Scarlet in 10 Items or Less (2006), Giulia Carni in All Roads Lead to Rome (2015), and Carmen Delgado in Rambo: Last Blood (2019). Besides that, her acting credits include more than 2 dozen other films including Sobreviviré (1999), Mine Alone (2001), Carmen (2003), The Lark Farm (2007), Not Forgotten (2009), La ignorancia de la sangre (2014), and Acts of Vengeance (2017). Over time, Paz has also worked along with the likes of well-known stars like Antonio Banderas, Adam Sandler, Morgan Freeman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Raoul Bova, Rosie Day, Sylvester Stallone, Rob Lowe, and Nicole Kidman.
Besides that, the aesthetic beautiful actress is also a well-known model who had been featured on the cover of various distinguished magazines like Vogue, – , Glamour, and Harper’s Bazaar. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Facebook and more than 400k followers on Instagram.
María Paz Campos Trigo
Seville, Andalusia, Spain
Los Angeles, California, United States
Paz started attending Centro Andaluz de Teatro stage school at the age of 16. Later, she began pursuing a degree in journalism but dropped out after 2 years in order to make a career for herself in acting.
- Father – Manuel Campos (Former Bullfighter)
- Mother – Paz Trigo (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Sara Vega (Younger Sister) (Actress, Dancer)
- Others – Francisco Trigo García (Maternal Grandfather)
As a model, Vega is represented by –
- One Management – New York City
- View Model Management
- IMG Models
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paz has dated –
- Orson Salazar (2003-Present) – Paz married Venezuelan talent agent Orson Salazar on January 2, 2003. The couple met one another while on a vacation on a Spanish island. The two had their first child a boy named Orson Salazar Jr. (b. May 2, 2007). Paz gave birth to their second child a girl named Ava Salazar (b. July 17, 2009) and then came along their 3rd child a body named Lenon Salazar (b. August 13, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Spanish ancestry on both her parent’s side.
- Naturally wavy hair
- Thick eyebrows
- Plush lips
- Chiseled jawline
- Cleft chin
- Long legs
Paz has done endorsement work for various brands including Freixenet in 2003.
Through her social media, Vega has either promoted or endorsed many brands including –
- Red Point
- Kruzin Footwear
- Rouje Paris
Best Known For
- Being cast as Lucía in Sex and Lucía (2001), Flor in Spanglish (2001), Sonia in The Other Side of the Bed (2002), Isabelle in Novo (2002), as the titular character in Carmen (2003), Scarlet in 10 Items Or Less (2006), Lea Padovani in Fade to Black (2006), Elena Morales in Triage (2009), and Catalina Rona in Cat Run (2011)
- Her important portrayal in the show Menudo es mi padre (1997) and Más que amigos (1997-1998) as Olga, in Compañeros (1998) as Luz, in 7 vidas (1999-2006) as Laura Arteagabeitia, in La Hermandad (2016-2017) as Luisa Salinas, and in The OA Renata
- Her work alongside various actors like Antonio Banderas, Adam Sandler, Morgan Freeman, Sarah Jessica Parker, Raoul Bova, Rosie Day, Sylvester Stallone, Rob Lowe, and Nicole Kidman
- Being featured on the cover of dozens of highly regarded magazines including Urban, pronto, InStyle, Grazia, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Vogue, Esquire, madame, Vanity Fair, Elle, GQ, and Cosmopolitan
- Receiving a number of awards including the Goya Award, Ondas Award, and Cannes Festival Award
Paz made her debut theatrical film appearance in director Pedro Olea’s Más allá del jardín in 1997. However, her role was uncredited.
She made her first credit theatrical film appearance as Elvira in Zapping in 1999. She was cast alongside well-known stars like Alberto San Juan, Natalia Dicenta, and Eduard Fernández, along with many more.
As a voice actor, she made her debut as the voice of the Andalusian Triplet’s Esmeralda, Esperanza, and Ernestina in Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted in 2012.
First TV Show
Paz made her first TV show appearance as Olga in Menudo es mi padre in 1997. She was cast along with the likes of actor El Fary, Miguel Rellán, Lola Lemos, and Elena Bagutta.
Though there is not much known about the Vega’s workout routine, she did seem to have worked out in some way or the other to maintain her lean physique.
As for her diet, Paz likes to cook up croquetas and consume jamón. Besides that, she also prefers to stick to a 100% Mediterranean diet and enjoys a glass of Rioja every now and then. That being said, Paz does not like to stress over calories and follows no kind of strict diet charts.
Paz Vega Favorite Things
- Food – Croquetas, Jamón (In English Ham), Mediterranean diet, Rioja
Source – Vogue
Paz Vega Facts
- She was raised in a Catholic household in Seville.
- Paz relocated to Los Angeles in 2008.
- Her stage name “Vega” was taken from one of her grandmother’s.
- After studying acting for 2 years, she moved to Madrid in order to pursue her passion for acting. She worked part-time at bars to support herself while she gave auditions.
- Paz was 21 years old when she made her first TV show in Menudo es mi padre in 1997.
- She was 16 when she attended poet and playwright Federico García Lorca’s theatre production titled, La casa de Bernarda Alba. Ever since that day, Paz fell in love with the profession of acting and that was all she wanted to become when she grew up.
- Paz Vegas was 31 when she had first child, 33 at the time of her second, and 34 when she gave birth to her 3rd child.
- During her younger days, Vega would stay up after lights out time watching black and white films through a small gap in the door.
- She became the first actress to be nominated twice for the prestigious Goya Award in 2001, out of which, she won the “Best breakthrough actress performance” category.
- Paz had gone through the compulsory learning program until the age of 16.
- The 2002 film Talk to Her, which featured her as Amparo won more than 30 international awards. A few of which also included an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and 7 Goya Award nominations.
- She made her USA debut Flor Moreno alongside actor Adam Sandler, Téa Leoni, Cloris Leachman in Spanglish in 2004. At the time of the shooting, Paz could neither speak nor understand English.
- Paz was featured in singer and composer Alejandro Sanz’s music video for A la primera persona in 2006.
- In 2008, Paz was ranked at #85 on the Maxim’s 2008 Hot 100 List.
- Her younger sister Sara is a noted flamenco dancer and actress. Her acting credits include her appearance in various films including Bienvenidos al Lolita (2014), José Mota presenta (2015), and Anclados (2015).
- Paz’s father was a bullfighter in the past, whereas her mother is a homemaker.
- When she’s not busy shooting, she spends her time modeling and is signed to some of the top agencies like IMG Models and One Management.
- In 2010, Paz told Vogue, that she did not want to marry an actor.
- Actress Penélope Cruz who had previously been the brand ambassador of L’Oreal Spain was replaced by Paz in May 2011. She is also often compared to the beautiful actress. However, when asked about how she felt about it, Paz stated that she was honored but “I’m not the new Penélope Cruz. I’m Paz Vega. There’s only one Penélope and she’s marvelous”
- She competed in season 3 of MasterChef Celebrity in 2018. She had even made cooked her way up to the finals. However, she was laid back at 2nd place and lost to the beautiful synchronized swimmer Ona Carbonell.
- Over time, Paz has worked in various kind of films such as English, French, Italian, Mexican, and Spanish.
- Her undying effort and hard work have earned her various honorary medals such as Medal of Andalucía, the Seville Medal, as well as gracious Seville Gold Medal.
- She once stated that as she only turns actress when “action” is called out. However, once the word “cut” is said she instantly becomes a normal person.
- Paz has always wanted to play roles in English films and just be noted as a Spanish diva.
- In the past, she helped actor Antonio Banderas promote the launch of his perfume Her Golden Secret.
- Paz is very passionate about her wine.
- Besides her profession, she is also involved with many humanitarian campaigns including Global Impact.
- She has a dog named Clooney.
- Visit her official website @ paz-vega.com.
- Follow her on Instagram and Facebook.
Featured Image By Paz Vega / Instagram