|Peter Scolari Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1955|
|Date of Death||October 22, 2021|
Peter Scolari was an American actor, theatre artist, director, producer, and voice actor best known for playing Michael Harris in the sitcom Newhart, a role for which he was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series”. Peter Scolari was also cast in other shows and movies in roles like Henry Desmond/Hildegarde ‘Hilde’ Desmond in the sitcom Bosom Buddies, Tad Horvath in the comedy-drama series Girls, Benny Loman in the sitcom Goodtime Girls, Bishop Thomas Marx in the supernatural drama series Evil, Eddie Riddle in the sitcom Baby Makes Five, Jonathan Lerner in the sitcom Family Album, Paul in dark romantic comedy film Looks That Kill, Preston Vogel (voice) in the animated series Gargoyles, Peter Madoff in the miniseries Madoff, and Patrick in the comedy-drama film Dean.
Peter Thomas Scolari
He was born on September 12, 1955.
On October 22, 2021, he died from leukemia at the age of 66 in New York City, New York, United States.
New Rochelle, Westchester County, New York, United States
Peter Scolari attended Edgemont Junior-Senior High School in Greenville, New York.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Director, Producer, Voice Actor
Peter Scolari was represented by –
- Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
- Stone Manners Salners Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $2 Million.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Scolari had dated –
- Lisa Kretzchmar (1981-1983) – He was married to Lisa Kretzchmar between 1981 and 1983.
- Debra Steagal (1985-1996) – In 1985, he started dating Debra Steagal and they married the following year. However, the marriage ended in 1996.
- Cathy Trien (1996-2004) – Actor Cathy Trien began going out with Peter in 1996 and they got married in 1998. They were blessed with 2 children – a son named Keaton and a daughter named Cali. However, the duo divorced in 2004.
- Tracy Shayne – He then married his long-time girlfriend Tracy Shayne in 2013 and they remained together until his death in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Peter Scolari was of Italian descent.
Salt and Pepper
Peter Scolari was cast in an Anti-Drug TV commercial.
Peter Scolari Favorite Things
- Acting Mentor/Best Friend – Bob Newhart
Source – IMDb
Peter Scolari Facts
- He was born into a troubled household and described his father as an abusive, “rageful man”, and his mother as an alcoholic. He also said that their marriage was tumultuous. In an interview with the Toronto Star, he said, “They stayed together for the kids and also because they were hopelessly in love with each other, but they were totally incompatible”.
- Growing up, Peter Scolari wanted to become a professional baseball player but an elbow injury ended that dream.
- From 2012 to 2017, he brought to life the character of Tad Horvath, Hannah’s father who is a college professor at Michigan State University, in the comedy-drama series Girls. For this performance, Scolari won the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series” in 2016 and was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Guest Performer in a Comedy Series” in 2012.
- He once opened up about his substance abuse and his struggle with bipolar disorder in a 2014 episode of Oprah: Where Are They Now?.
- His Broadway credits include appearing in productions of Wicked, Sly Fox, Hairspray, and Lucky Guy.
- Peter Scolari was an accomplished juggler and skilled in circus arts. He occasionally showcased his talents on television.
- He credited Bob Newhart as his acting mentor. They were also close friends.
Featured Image by Greg2600 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0