|Pimp C Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1973|
|Date of Death||December 4, 2007|
Pimp C was an American rapper, songwriter, and record producer who was best known as one half of the Underground Kingz (UGK), a hip hop duo formed by Pimp C and Bernard “Bun B” Freeman. Some of the albums he had worked on included Too Hard to Swallow, Ridin’ Dirty, Super Tight, Underground Kingz, Dirty Money, UGK 4 Life, The Sweet James Jones Stories, and Pimpalation.
Chad Lamont Butler
Pimp C, Sweet James Jones, Tony Snow, Percy Mack, Jack Tripper
He was born on December 29, 1973.
On December 4, 2007, Pimp C died of an accidental overdose at the age of 33 in West Hollywood, California, United States.
Crowley, Louisiana, United States
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Charleston Butler
- Mother – Weslyn “Mama Wes” Butler Jacob Monroe
- Siblings – He was an only child.
- Others – Bill Monroe (Stepfather)
Pimp C was managed by Rick Martin.
Hip Hop, Southern Hip Hop, Dirty Rap
Vocals, Piano, Trumpet, Drums, Flugelhorn
Atlantic, Rap-a-Lot, Asylum
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pimp C had dated –
- Chinara – He married Chinara while he was in prison in 2003 and they had a daughter named Christian.
Note – He also had 2 older sons, Chad Lamont Butler II and Dahcory Butler, from previous relationships.
Race / Ethnicity
Pimp C Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Port Arthur, Texas.
- Pimp C was born prematurely and suffered numerous health issues including a birth defect that caused his legs to point inward. It required braces to fix.
- Due to his digestive problems, he had to be propped up when he slept. Moreover, he had poor eyesight and almost went blind after a severe bout of pinkeye.
- During his childhood years, he suffered from pneumonia at least 9 times.
- Pimp C had joined the choir as a teenager and played numerous instruments at school.
- His stepfather encouraged him in his musical pursuits and he began writing and creating his own music.
- He received a drum machine and keyboard one Christmas and started synthesizing beats to rap over.
- Pimp C was friends with rapper and actor Bernard “Bun B” Freeman.
- He was arrested in Houston’s Sharpstown Mall on December 16, 2000, after allegedly holding a woman named Lakita Hulett at gunpoint and threatening to shoot her after a confrontation in a shoe store.
- He was sentenced to eight years in prison in August 2002.
- On March 1, 2005, Pimp C released his debut solo studio album, Sweet James Jones Stories, via Rap-A-Lot Records, Asylum Records, and Atlantic Records. The album was ranked at number #3 on the US Top Rap Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #7 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #50 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- A$AP Rocky has credited Pimp C as one of his major influences.
- His death was attributed to the effects of Butler’s heavy usage of “purple drank”, a combination of codeine and promethazine, in conjunction with his pre-existing condition of sleep apnea.
- Megan Thee Stallion named her 2018 EP Tina Snow in honor of Pimp C’s alter ego “Tony Snow”.