|Priah Ferguson Quick Info|
|Height||3 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 2006|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Priah Ferguson is an American actress primarily known for her portrayal of Erica Sinclair in the Netflix series Stranger Things. She was initially cast for recurring appearances in season 2 in 2017 of the show but her performances prompted the show-runners to promote her to a regular role in the 3rd season in 2019. Her parents had recognized her creativity and passion for acting and dancing at an early age and they introduced her to performing arts and theatre at the ripe age of 5. She quickly developed a taste for both comedic and serious theatrical roles, and soon enough her timing and delivery were being appreciated. Program directors from numerous workshops recognizing her talent urged her parents to seek out an agency, to further Priah’s career in acting. Her parents followed the advice and signed with a reputed agency in Atlanta. Within a year of signing, Priah landed the role of Asia on Donald Glover’s critically acclaimed series Atlanta in 2016.
Priah has also made appearances in several short films, commercials, and TV series like Cream X Coffee (2016), Daytime Divas (2017) and Mercy Street (2017). She was also seen in La Vie Magnifique De Charlie (2017) as Young Brandy. She also appeared in the role of Hardy in The Oath (2018) with Tiffany Haddish and Ike Barinholtz. In July 2019, Priah joined hands with kids’ food-products company GoGo Squeez’s ‘BE Time’ initiative that encourages kids to develop a more nutritious diet and spend more time outdoors in order to achieve a more wholesome development.
Priah Nicole Ferguson
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
As of September 2019, Priah is in middle school. In 2018, she finished a school year on the honor roll.
- Father – John Ferguson (Art Director, Photographer)
- Mother – Adjua Leon Ferguson (Business Owner, Art Director)
- Siblings – Jayda Ferguson (Younger Sister)
Priah is represented by –
- People Store Talent Agency, Atlanta
- CESD Talent Agency
- Shannon Barr, Publicist, Strategic Public Relations
3 ft 11 in or 119.5 cm
39 kg or 86 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Afro-textured hair
- Warm, Affable smile
- She is the official ‘Spokeskid’ for child welfare non-profit organization United Way of Greater Atlanta‘s Atlanta chapter (2015).
- Priah also shot a commercial for IKEA USA in 2018.
- She was selected as the ambassador for kids’ food-products company GoGo Squeez’s ‘BE Time’ initiative in 2019.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Erica Sinclair in the Netflix series Stranger Things
Priah made her feature film debut in the 2017 movie La Vie Magnifique De Charlie, where she played the role of Young Brandy.
First TV Show
Priah made her first appearance on a TV show as Jojo in BB Brown & Friends in 2016.
Priah Ferguson Favorite Things
Source – SYFY, BlackGirlNerds.com, Article Bio, BriefTake.com
Priah Ferguson Facts
- Post her breakthrough role in Stranger Things, Priah has been featured in a variety of journals like US Magazine, Gulf News, The Star, India Today, Pittsburgh Courier, Today, and The Independent.
- In 2015, she was selected to perform in a video for child welfare non-profit organization United Way of Greater Atlanta. The public response to the video was so overwhelming that the organization made her the official ‘Spokeskid’ for their Atlanta chapter.
- A significant factor in Priah getting the role of Erica in Stranger Things was that the show was being filmed close to her own home.
- Priah likes to play the guitar, loves to travel, and her favorite destinations are islands.
- Post auditions, she was not aware that she had landed the role of Erica on Stranger Things. Her mother revealed it to her by reading out an email from the showrunners while she was having an after-school snack.
- Priah researched for Stranger Things by digging into 80s pop culture, looking through her mother’s and grandmother’s old photo albums; and gradually becoming a fan of that era’s shows like He-Man.
- Her favorite Erica catchphrases from Stranger Things are “nerd!” and “you can’t spell America without Erica”.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Priah Ferguson / Instagram