|Princess Kako of Akishino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Princess Kako of Akishino is the 2nd daughter of Prince Fumihito and Princess Kiko and a member of the Japanese imperial family. She is the niece of Emperor Naruhito and the second-oldest grandchild of Emperor Emeritus Akihito and Empress Emerita Michiko.
Princess Kako of Akishino
Imperial Household Agency Hospital, Tokyo Imperial Palace, Tokyo, Japan
Princess Kako of Akishino got enrolled at Gakushuin Primary School in April 2001 and graduated in March 2007. She then attended Gakushuin Girls’ Senior High School Tokyo in April 2007 and graduated in March 2013.
Afterward, she joined Gakushuin University, after attending the entrance ceremony in April 2013. The following year, she quit the Department of Education, the Faculty of Letters, Gakushuin University and passed the entrance examination to the International Christian University (ICU). She attended the entrance ceremony of the university on April 2, 2015, in Tokyo.
She got to travel to the United Kingdom to study at the University of Leeds in 2017 as part of the ICU’s study abroad program. She studied performing arts and psychology as part of the program and completed her studies in June 2018.
Member of the Japanese Imperial Family
- Father – Fumihito, Prince Akishino (Younger brother and heir presumptive of Emperor Naruhito of Japan and the younger son of Emperor emeritus Akihito and Empress emerita Michiko)
- Mother – Kiko, Princess Akishino
- Siblings – Princess Mako of Akishino (Older Sister) (Researcher at the University of Tokyo Museum, Former Member of the Japanese imperial family), Prince Hisahito of Akishino (Younger Brother)
- Others – Akihito (Paternal Grandfather) (A member of the Imperial House of Japan who reigned as the 125th emperor of Japan), Empress Michiko (Paternal Grandmother) (A member of the Imperial House of Japan who served as the Empress consort of Japan as the wife of Akihito), Tatsuhiko Kawashima (Maternal Grandfather) (Chief researcher at The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) in Laxenburg, Austria), Kazuyo Sugimoto (Maternal Grandmother), Naruhito, Emperor of Japan (Paternal Uncle) (126th monarch according to Japan’s traditional order of succession), Masako Owada (Aunt), Aiko, Princess Toshi (Cousin), Sayako Kuroda (Aunt) (Imperial Shinto priestess of the Ise Grand Shrine), Yoshiki Kuroda (Uncle), Kei Komuro (Brother-In-Law)
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Princess Kako of Akishino Facts
- She visited Thailand with her parents and sister from August 7, 2003, to August 21, 2003, for the 71st birthday celebration of Queen Sirikit.
- When she was in primary school, Princess Kako participated in figure skating and represented the Meiji-jingu Gaien Figure Skating Club in 2007 as well as joined the Spring Cup Figure Skating Competition held by the Japan Skating Federation.
- She is styled as Her Imperial Highness Princess Kako.
- She started working part-time for the Japanese Federation of the Deaf in May 2021.
Featured Image by Kounosu1 / Wikimedia / Public Domain