|Princess Marie of Denmark Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1976|
|Spouse||Prince Joachim of Denmark|
Princess Marie of Denmark is a member of the Danish royal family and the 2nd wife of Prince Joachim of Denmark.
Marie Agathe Odile Cavallier
Countess of Monpezat
Klampenborg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Princess Marie of Denmark studied at Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil, one of the oldest private boarding schools in Switzerland. After that, she went on to study International Business and Economics at Babson College located in Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States, before moving to Geneva to study Economics.
Also, she later got enrolled at Marymount Manhattan College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Member of the Danish Royal Family, Former Employee at Estée Lauder
- Father – Alain Cavallier (Partner in an Advertising Agency)
- Mother – Françoise Grassiot (née Moreau) (Owner of the Château de la Vernède, near Avignon, France)
- Siblings – She is an only child.
- Others – Claude Cavallier (Paternal Grandfather) (Stepson of Baron de Limnander de Nieuwenhove), Baroness Odile Brunet de Sairigné (née Labesse) (Paternal Grandmother), Henri de Laborde de Monpezat (Father-In-Law) (Prince Consort of Denmark), Margrethe II of Denmark (Mother-In-Law) (Queen of Denmark, Supreme Authority of the Church of Denmark and Commander-In-Chief of the Danish Defence), Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark (Brother-In-Law), Prince Nikolai of Denmark (Stepson), Prince Felix of Denmark (Stepson)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Princess Marie of Denmark has dated –
- Prince Joachim of Denmark (2005-Present) – She was photographed along with Prince Joachim of Denmark during a private holiday in Avignon, France, in August 2005 and was also seen celebrating the New Year 2006/2007 with the members of the Danish royal family including Prince Joachim and his former wife Alexandra. Eventually, she got married to Prince Joachim on May 24, 2008, in Møgeltønder Church and the duo parents 2 children – a son named Prince Henrik of Denmark (born May 4, 2009) and a daughter named Princess Athena of Denmark (born January 24, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Pierced ears
- Roman Catholicism (Prior to her marriage with Prince Joachim)
- Evangelical Lutheranism
Princess Marie of Denmark Facts
- She relocated to Geneva, Switzerland, along with her mother after her parents got divorced.
- With her marriage to Prince Joachim, she received the title “Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat”.
- She has received various foreign honors like Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose and Grand Officer of the Order of the Legion of Honour.
- She has been associated with the Danish Epilepsy Association and Kattegatcentret, the AIDS Foundation, and Autism Denmark.
- She enjoys bike-riding, running, and skiing.
Featured Image by Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0