|Priyamani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1984|
Priyamani is an Indian actress and former model who has had a prolific body of work in Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam-language films and is best known for her work in films such as Paruthiveeran (2007), Malaikottai (2007), Thirakkatha (2008), Raam (2009), Raavanan (2010), Pranchiyettan and the Saint (2010), Rakta Charitram II (2010), Chaarulatha (2012), and Idolle Ramayana (2016). She has acted in a few Hindi language films as well but is best recognized for playing the character of Suchitra in the action thriller web TV series The Family Man (2019). She has made guest appearances in several South Indian TV shows/series and has served as a judge in numerous competition-based reality TV series including Comedy Stars (2019-2020), D 4 Dance (2014-2016), Dance Jodi Dance (2017, 2019-2020), Dancing Star (2015-2016), and Dhee (2017-2019).
Priya Vasudev Mani Iyer
Bengaluru, Bayalu Seeme, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Priyamani, after her high school graduation, had pursued a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology, through a correspondence course.
Actress, Former Model
- Father – Vasudev Mani (Plantation Business Owner)
- Mother – Lathamani (Former Bank Manager at Union Bank of India, Former National Level Badminton Player)
- Siblings – Vishakh Mani Iyer (Older Brother) (Plantation Business Manager)
- Others – Kamala Kailas (Grandfather) (Carnatic Vocalist), Vidya Balan (Second Cousin) (Actress), Siddharth Roy Kapur (Cousin-in-Law) (Film Producer), Malgudi Shubha (Aunt) (Playback Singer)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Priyamani has dated –
- Mustafa Raj (2017-Present) – Priyamani had married events organizer Mustafa Raj, on August 23, 2017, in a private ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Indian descent.
- Slender frame
- Long, dense, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
Priyamani has been featured in the print advertisements for –
- Kancheepuram silks
- Erode silks
- Lakshmi silks
- When she was in the last year of high school, Tamil film director Bharathiraja had introduced her to the film industry. Her debut feature film, Evare Atagaadu (2003), was released just about a year after that. She had played one of the lead characters in the film that was named Priyamani as well.
- For her portrayal of the character of Muthazhagu in the 2007 Tamil-language epic romantic drama film Paruthiveeran, she had won the ‘Best Actress’ award at the 2006 National Film Awards, the 2006 Tamil Nadu State Film Awards, the 2007 Filmfare Awards – Tamil, and the 2007 Vijay Awards.
- For her portrayal of the character of Malavika in the 2008 romantic drama film Thirakkatha, she had won the ‘Best Actress’ award at the ‘Filmfare Award – Malayalam’. For her portrayal of the character of Chaaru/Latha in the 2012 horror film Chaarulatha, she had won the ‘Best Actress’ award at the ‘Filmfare Award – Kannada’.
- In 2014, she had participated in a campaign for PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) that had urged the public to boycott zoos that had featured caged tigers.
- She won another Filmfare Award in 2020, this time in the category of ‘OTT Award for Best Actor, Drama Series (Female) – Critics’ Choice’ for her portrayal of Suchitra in the action thriller web TV series The Family Man (2019). This gave her the rare distinction of winning a Filmfare Award for her work in 4 different languages – Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Hindi.
Featured Image by Priyamani / Instagram