|Raj Kundra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 9, 1975|
Raj Kundra is a British businessman whose business and investment interests have spanned the United Kingdom and India, covering a wide variety of domains including cricket, film production, mixed martial arts, equities, real estate, and hospitality.
Ripu Sudan Kundra
London, England, United Kingdom
He splits his time between Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and London, England, United Kingdom.
- Father – Bal Krishan Kundra (Businessman)
- Mother – Usha Rani Kundra (Shop Assistant)
- Siblings – Reena Kundra (Sister)
- Others – Sunanda Shetty (Mother-in-Law) (Film Producer, Co-Owner of a Manufacturing Business), Surendra Shetty (Father-in-Law) (Co-Owner of a Manufacturing Business) (d. October 11, 2016), Shamita Shetty (Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Interior Designer), Pradeep Bakshi (Brother-in-Law) (Businessman)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raj has dated –
- Kavita (2003–2006) – Raj had married Kavita, the daughter of a businessman, in 2003. They have a daughter together named Deleena Kundra (b. 2006). The couple had filed for divorce in 2006.
- Shilpa Shetty (2009-Present) – Raj had first met Indian actress, film producer, dancer, author, businesswoman, and former model Shilpa Shetty in the mid-2000s while he was assisting her in the promotion of her newly launched perfume collection. They began dating soon after, got engaged in February 2009, and got married on November 22, 2009. They have 2 children together – a son named Viaan Raj Kundra (b. May 21, 2012) and a daughter named Samisha Shetty Kundra (b. February 15, 2020). Samisha was born via surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi (Indian) descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Afable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
Raj Kundra Facts
- Born and raised in London, Raj had shifted to Dubai at the age of 18. He had later moved to Nepal where he had started a business of selling pashmina shawls to fashion retailers in the UK.
- In 2007, he had returned to Dubai and had set up a company called Essential General Trading LLC which was involved in varied businesses including precious metals, construction, mining, and renewable energy projects. He eventually became involved in the financing of Bollywood films
- In January 2012, he and Bollywood superstar Sanjay Dutt had co-launched India’s first professional mixed martial arts fighting league which was named the Super Fight League.
- In 2013, he had published a book entitled How Not to Make Money.
- In 2015, he and another Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar were among the promoters of an online and TV broadcast platform called Best Deal TV. It was conceptualized as a home shopping channel capitalizing upon the draw of multiple celebrity endorsements.
- In 2019, in recognition of his contribution to the Swachh Bharat Mission, a country-wide cleanliness/waste management campaign initiated by the Government of India in 2014, he was honored with the Champions of Change Award.
- Under another Government of India program, the Startup India initiative, he had planned the launch of India’s first live streaming social media app. It was tentatively titled Jaldi Live Stream and had aimed to provide streamers a new platform.
- In July 2021, he was detained by law enforcement agencies in Mumbai and later arrested for his alleged involvement in a p*rnographic video production and distribution racket.
Featured Image by Raj Kundra / Instagram