|Rajnath Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1951|
Rajnath Singh is an Indian politician who is known for having been an integral member of the Bharatiya Janata Party as well as for serving as the Defence Minister of India.
Bhabhaura, Chandauli District, Uttar Pradesh, India
He divides his time between his residences in-
- Kalidas Marg, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Akbar Road, New Delhi, India
Rajnath Singh studied at the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, a teaching and residential-cum-affiliating University located in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, and received a master’s degree in Physics.
- Father – Ram Badan Singh
- Mother – Gujarati Devi
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rajnath Singh has dated –
- Savitri Singh – He is married to Savitri Singh and the duo parents 3 children including politician Pankaj Singh who was born on December 12, 1978.
Race / Ethnicity
Rajnath Singh Facts
- He was raised in a family of farmers.
- He became a part of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), the Hindu nationalist parent organization of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), in 1964.
- He was designated as the secretary for the Mirzapur unit of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh in 1974.
- Rajnath Singh was 24 years old when he was appointed as the District President of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, an Indian right-wing political party that has served as the political arm of RSS.
- He became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in 2000 and introduced the most Backward Classes among the OBC and SC in order to improve the reservation structure in government jobs and providing the benefits of reservation even to the lowest status of Society.
- In 2003, he became the Minister of Agriculture in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government and introduced new projects like the Kisan Call Centre and Farm Income Insurance Scheme.
- During the First Modi ministry, Rajnath Singh was appointed as the Union Minister of Home Affairs.
- He has also criticized the English language claiming that most of the Indian populace is prevented from fair participation in Indian economy and cultural discourse.
- Regarding his views on homosexuality, he has supported the law Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code that states that s*xual activities “against the order of nature” are illegal. He has also said, “We will state (at an all-party meeting if it is called) that we support Section 377 because we believe that homos*xuality is an unnatural act and cannot be supported.”
- Rajnath Singh has made efforts to alleviate the members of Martyrs’ families by launching the ‘Bharat Ke Veer’ Web portal and Application on April 9, 2017. It is a fund-raising initiative that he launched alongside Indian-born Canadian actor and producer, Akshay Kumar.
- Rajnath Singh has also garnered a huge fan following on social media and enjoys more than 16 million followers on Twitter, more than 8 million followers on Facebook, and more than a million followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Narendra Modi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0