|Rebecca Miller Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1962|
Rebecca Miller is an American film director, screenwriter, actress, and novelist who is best known for writing and directing films such as Angela (1995), Personal Velocity: Three Portraits (2002), The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005), The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009), Maggie’s Plan (2015), and Arthur Miller: Writer (2017).
Rebecca Augusta Miller
Roxbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States
Wicklow, Leinster, Republic of Ireland
Rebecca had attended Choate Rosemary Hall, a private, college-preparatory boarding school in Wallingford, Connecticut. After her high school graduation, in 1980, she had joined the prestigious Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, to study painting and literature. After moving to New York City, she had studied film at The New School, a private research university.
Film Director, Screenwriter, Actress, Novelist
- Father – Arthur Asher Miller (Playwright, Essayist) (d. February 10, 2005)
- Mother – Ingeborg ‘Inge’ Hermine Morath (Photographer) (d. January 30, 2002)
- Siblings – Daniel Miller (Younger Brother)
- Others – Isidore Miller (Paternal Grandfather) (Owner of a Women’s Clothing Manufacturing Business), Augusta Miller (née Barnett) (Paternal Grandmother) (School Teacher), Kermit Miller (Paternal Uncle), Joan Maxine Copeland (née Miller) (Paternal Aunt) (Actress), George J. Kupchik (Uncle) (Engineer) (d. 1989), Edgar Morath (Maternal Grandfather) (Scientist), Mathilde Morath (née Wiesler) (Maternal Grandmother) (Scientist), Cecil Day-Lewis (Father-In-Law) (Poet) (d. May 22, 1972), Jill Balcon (Mother-In-Law) (Actress) (d. July 18, 2009), Tamasin Day-Lewis (Sister-In-Law) (TV Chef, Food Critic), Michael Balcon (Grandfather-in-Law) (Film Producer) (d. October 17, 1977), Sean Day-Lewis (Half-Brother-in-Law) (TV Critic, Writer), Nicholas Day-Lewis (Half-Brother-in-Law) (Engineer), Miranda Shearer (Niece-in-Law) (Journalist, Author, Lawyer), Charissa Shearer (Niece-in-Law), Robert A. Miller (Half-Brother) (Film Producer), Jane Ellen Miller (Half-sister), Eric Kupchik (Cousin)
She is represented by –
- Sarah Chalfant, Literary Agent, The Wylie Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Rowena Arguelles, Booking Agent (Films), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rebecca has dated –
- Sean Kinney
- Daniel Day-Lewis (1996-Present) – Rebecca got married to English actor Daniel Day-Lewis on November 13, 1996. They have 2 sons together named Ronan Cal Day-Lewis (b. June 14, 1998) and Cashel Blake Day-Lewis (b. May 2002). She has a stepson named Gabriel-Kane Day-Lewis (Actor) from Daniel’s previous relationship with French actress and singer Isabelle Adjani.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Austrian, Polish, and Ukrainian) descent on her father’s side and Austrian descent on her mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Rebecca Miller Facts
- Rebecca had revealed in an interview that she used to practice Catholicism on her own accord, during her childhood. However, she had stopped practicing the faith by the time she graduated from college.
- Her childhood was spent surrounded by several artists of international fame. Among her neighbors in Roxbury were renowned sculptor Alexander Calder, choreographer Martha Clarke, members of the experimental dance troupe Pilobolus, and sculptor Philip Grausman.
- Her mother, renowned photographer Inge Morath, was on a crane clicking pictures in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, just hours before she went into labor with Rebecca.
- Before beginning her career in the entertainment industry, she had worked as a painter and sculptor, and her work was exhibited in several galleries.
Featured Image by Rebecca Miller / Instagram