|Regis Philbin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 25, 1931|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Regis Philbin was an American television personality, host, and actor who is best known for having been the co-host of the New York City-based nationally syndicated talk show Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee. He also held the Guinness World Record for the most hours on U.S. television and has been described as “the hardest working man in show business”.
Regis Francis Xavier Philbin
Reege, Big Daddy, Big Man, Number One
He was born on August 25, 1931.
On July 24, 2020, Regis Philbin passed away due to cardiovascular disease at the age of 88 in Greenwich, Connecticut, United States.
Cedar Grove Cemetery, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States
New York City, New York, United States
He resided in New York City, New York, United States.
Regis Philbin studied at Our Lady of Solace Grammar School and then graduated from Cardinal Hayes High School. Later, he got enrolled at the University of Notre Dame and graduated with a sociology degree in 1953.
TV Presenter, Talk Show Host, Game Show Host, Actor
- Father – Francis “Frank” Philbin (U.S. Marine who served in the Pacific)
- Mother – Filomena “Florence” (née Bashia)
- Sibling – Frank M. Philbin (Younger Brother)
- Others – Carol Hughes (Former Mother-In-Law) (Actress), Carol Faylen (Former Sister-In-Law) (Actress), Michael Schur (Son-In-Law) (Television Producer, Writer, Actor)
Regis Philbin was represented by William Morris Agency NY, Talent and Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Regis Philbin had dated –
- Catherine “Kay” Faylen (1955-1968) – He got married to Catherine “Kay” Faylen, daughter of actor Frank Faylen, in 1955 and the duo parented 2 children – a daughter named Amy Philbin (b. 1961) and a son Danny Philbin (b. 1967). However, the couple divorced in 1968.
- Joy Senese (1970-2020) – Regis married television personality Joy Senese on March 1, 1970, and they were blessed with 2 daughters – Joanna Philbin and Jennifer Joy (aka J.J. Philbin) (b. August 30, 1974). Regis Philbin and Joy remained together until his death in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Irish descent on his father’s side and had Italian and Arbëreshë/Albanian ancestry on his maternal side.
Salt and Pepper
- Irreverent ad-libs
- Distinct Bronx accent
Regis Philbin had done endorsement work for Earthgrain Bagels, Washington Mutual, Aspercreme, Take Control Margarine, 7-Up Plus, Osteo Bi-Flex Joint Care Dietary Supplements, Welch’s Grape Juice, Pepsi Max, and others.
He grew up in a Catholic household.
Regis Philbin Favorite Things
- Idol Growing Up – Mickey Rooney
- Singers – Dean Martin, Perry Como, Frank Sinatra
Source – IMDb, Wikipedia
Regis Philbin Facts
- He grew up in the Van Nest neighborhood of the Bronx.
- He had served in the United States Navy.
- Regis Philbin received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on April 10, 2003.
- He was good friends with Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, Alex Trebek, Pat Sajak, Dick Clark, Betty White, David Letterman, Martin Short, Phil McGraw, Donald Trump, Frank Sinatra, and Oprah Winfrey.
- In June 2008, he was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Daytime Emmy Awards.
- Regis Philbin was a fan of the New York Yankees.
- Some of his hobbies included singing, dancing, gardening, exercising, dining out, playing baseball, and listening to the radio.
Featured Image by Paparazzo Presents / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0