|Rinsola Babajide Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rinsola Babajide is an English professional soccer player who has represented, as a forward and winger, clubs such as Crystal Palace F.C. (Women), Millwall Lionesses L.F.C., Watford F.C. Ladies, before joining Liverpool F.C. Women in January 2018 which helped her show her wares in the FA Women’s Super League (FA WSL), the highest division of women’s soccer in England. In June 2020, she had signed a contract extension with Liverpool F.C. Women despite the club’s relegation from the FA WSL after a dismal campaign in the previous season where the team won just 1 game in the league. At the international level, she has represented England at the Under-20 and Under-21 tiers and was an integral member of the English squad that had clinched the ‘Bronze’ medal at the FIFA Under-20 Women’s World Cup in August 2018.
Omorinsola Omowunmi Ajike Babajide
London, England, United Kingdom
She splits her time between London, England, United Kingdom, and Liverpool, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom.
Rinsola, after her high school graduation, had attended the University of East London and had played competitive soccer for the university team.
Professional Soccer Player
- Siblings – Bunmi Babajide (Younger Brother) (Soccer Player)
She is represented by New Vision Sports Group, Athlete Management Agency, Richmond, London, England, United Kingdom.
- 20 – Liverpool F.C. Women
- 11 – Watford F.C. Ladies
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Nigerian descent.
- Toned physique
- Long, straight, dreadlocked hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
- Has a tattoo on her left thigh
Rinsola has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Puma.
Rinsola Babajide Facts
- In 2016, while playing an amateur game for the University of East London women’s team, against University College, London women’s team, Rinsola had hammered in 14 goals in an eye-watering 40-0 win for her team. The performance had grabbed a lot of media spotlight in England and had played a key role in her signing by the Watford F.C. Ladies club in February 2017.
- She was Watford F.C. Ladies‘ joint-top goalscorer in the 2017 FA WSL Spring Series. The tournament was conducted as an interim edition of the FA WSL between its 6th and 7th full seasons and ran from February to May 2017. This was done to bridge the long gap between the 2016 FA WSL season, which ran from March to September as a summer tournament, and the 2017–18 FA WSL season whose schedule was re-jigged and was due to start in September 2017.
- She was Liverpool F.C. Women’s second-highest goalscorer in the 2018-19 FA WSL season and the joint second-highest FA WSL goalscorer in the 2019-20 season.
- In April 2019, she had recorded, on her father’s birthday, her first professional hat-trick for Liverpool F.C. Women during their 5-2 win over Bristol City in a Women’s Super League match.
- As of June 2020, she had not represented England at the senior international level and hence was still eligible to play for the Nigerian national women’s team owing to her Nigerian ethnicity.
Featured Image by Rinsola Babajide / Instagram