|Ronit Roy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1965|
Ronit Roy is an Indian actor, director, dancer, and businessperson who has been a popular face of the television and film industry and has worked in projects such as Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, 2 States, Kasamh Se, Kasautii Zindagi Kay, Shootout at Wadala, Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki, Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyaar, Bandini, Student of the Year, Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki, Udaan, Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Kisna: The Warrior Poet, Thugs of Hindostan, Lucknow Central, and Loveyatri. Over the years, his work has won him several accolades including a Filmfare Award, 2 Screen Awards, 5 ITA Awards, and 6 Indian Telly Awards.
Amitabh Bachchan of Indian Television
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ronit Roy received his school education in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Later, he pursued a course in hotel management.
Actor, Director, Dancer, Businessperson
- Father – Brotin Bose Roy (Businessperson)
- Mother – Dolly Roy
- Sibling – Rohit Roy (Younger Brother) (Film and Television Actor)
- Others – Manasi Joshi Roy (Sister-In-Law) (Film and Television Actress)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ronit Roy has dated –
- Joanna – He was previously married to a woman named Joanna, the niece of actor Dilip Kumar, and they were blessed with a daughter named Ona (b. 1991). However, they separated in 1997.
- Neelam Roy (2003-Present) – He then got married to actress and model Neelam Singh on December 25, 2003, and they parent 2 children – daughter Aador (b. May 2005) and son Agastya (b. October 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Ronit Roy has been cast in commercials for brands like Lays, Vadilal, etc.
Ronit Roy Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- He shifted to Mumbai after completing his studies and stayed at the residence of filmmaker Subhash Ghai.
- Although Ronit took a keen interest in pursuing a career in the film industry, it was Subhash Ghai who guided him against doing so because of the difficulties related to the field.
- From 2002 to 2008, Ronit Roy played a middle-aged business tycoon named Rishabh Bajaj in the popular Star Plus series, Kasautii Zindagii Kay. This role won him the Indian Telly Award for “Best Supporting Actor” in 2004.
- He was arrested by Mumbai police on October 27, 2011, for rash and negligent driving after he was involved in a road accident in the Amboli suburb of Mumbai. The accident occurred when he was returning from a Diwali party and his high speeding Mercedes car hit a Wagon-R.
- He previously worked as a management trainee at Mumbai’s Sea Rock Hotel.
- Ronit Roy has owned the Ace Security and Protection agency which has provided its services to Bollywood actors such as Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Mithun Chakraborty, Shahrukh Khan, and Aamir Khan as well as to Indian Premier League ex-Chairman and ex-Commissioner Lalit Modi and his son Ruchir Modi.
- Ace Security and Protection agency has also worked on films like Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Yaadein, Na Tum Jano Na Hum, Saathiya, and Armaan.
- Ronit Roy has also appeared in reality shows like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Comedy Nights with Kapil, Kitchen Champion, and Yeh Hain Jalwa.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0