|Ryan Robertson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1996|
Ryan Robertson is a British singer and guitarist who came into the spotlight after performing in the 2014 season of the talent-based reality TV series The X Factor UK, as a part of the teen pop boy band Overload. After the disintegration of Overload, he joined the boy band RoadTrip in 2019, as a vocalist.
Essex, England, United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Ryan is a high school graduate.
- Mother – Hayley Robertson
He is represented by Blair Dreelan, Manager, Alpha Dog Management, Slough, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Teen Pop, Pop Rock
Trans International Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan has dated –
- Hannah Daniels
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Frizzy, disheveled hair
- Wears ear and nose studs
- Freckled face
Ryan Robertson Favorite Things
- Movies – Elf (2003), High School Musical 2 (2007)
- Color – Mustard Yellow
Ryan Robertson Facts
- He was a part of the band Overload when it was made up of 4 members, Jordi Whitworth, Joseph Devries, Ollie Garland being the other 3. Andy Fowler was the last member to join the band. Co-incidentally, both Andy and Ryan joined another boy band named RoadTrip. Andy was the band’s first recruit in 2015 and Ryan was added in 2019.
- After joining RoadTrip, he took up the stage name Sonny Robertson using the nickname Sonny given by his family. This was done as the band’s manager wanted people to avoid confusion between him and another band member Rye Beaumont. He often jokes about the weird situation on social media.
- When Ryan and his then band Overload were eliminated from The X Factor UK, there was a lot of outrage against Louis Walsh, one of the show’s judges and the designated mentor of Overload as the fans overwhelmingly felt that their ouster was unfair and undeserved.
- Ryan and Overload were eliminated during the boot camp stage of the show itself but later returned via a wildcard entry. They eventually became finalists and finished at 15th place in the live shows.
- Overload started to disintegrate after their participation in The X Factor UK as Joseph Devries left the band in January 2015 stating that he felt too discouraged by the band’s ouster from the reality show and wanted to start something new. Soon, Jordi Whitworth departed to pursue a solo career. A Twitter spat followed with Jordi alleging that he was locked out of the band’s social media accounts while he was still legally a member of the band. Ryan retorted by posting a message on social media which slammed Jordi’s outburst and justified the band’s decisions to lockout Jordi, thus escalating the public nature of the feud and eventually leading to the demise of Overload.
- The situation also led to the release of Ryan’s song No, No, No being left in limbo. It was the original song that the band had performed during the Arena Audition stage of The X Factor UK.
- After the end of his participation in The X Factor UK, Ryan joined YouTube in April 2015 and uploaded a video on the platform in July 2016. It was a cover of the song Can’t Help Falling in Love which was recorded in 1961 by the iconic American singer Elvis Presley.
Featured Image by Ryan Robertson / Instagram