|Ryujin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ryujin is a South Korean singer, rapper, dancer, actress, and TV personality who gained popularity as she debuted with the girl group, ITZY, on February 12, 2019. ITZY also includes Lia, Hwang Ye-ji, Chaeryeong, and Yuna and they have all worked together on a number of musical projects which include several singles, EPs, and albums like It’z Icy, It’z Summer, Cherry, Dalla Dalla, It’z Different, and Icy. Ryujin was discovered and scouted by JYPE while she was attending a GOT7 fan meet and later went on to work on several shows and movies, such as Knowing Bros, Mix Nine, Stray Kids, Idol Room, and The King, as well. As a member of ITZY, she has become a popular artist worldwide while ITZY enjoys a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, more than 800k followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
Ryujin attended the Hanlim Multi Art School‘s Department of Practical Dance which is located in Seoul, South Korea.
Singer, Rapper, Dancer, TV Personality, Actress
Ryujin is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-pop, Electropop, Hip hop
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ryujin is of South Korean descent.
Ryujin has often dyed her hair in several shades such as pink.
- Lean body
- Charming personality
- Pierced ears
- Pouty lips
As a member of ITZY, Ryujin has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Louis Vuitton and M·A·C Cosmetics Korea.
Best Known For
- Being the main rapper, lead dancer, vocalist, and center of the South Korean girl group named ITZY which also consists of Lia, Hwang Ye-ji, Chaeryeong, and Yuna and has released several tracks, EPs, and albums as well
- Having released the EP, titled It’z Icy, as a part of ITZY, on July 29, 2019, via JYP Entertainment. It comprises of songs such as Icy, It’z Summer, Cherry, Want It? (Imad Royal Remix), and Dalla Dalla (DallasK Remix) and was ranked at number #3 in the Gaon Album Chart, at number #10 in the Japanese Digital Albums (Oricon) Chart, at number #11 in the US World Albums (Billboard) Chart, and at number #12 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) Chart.
- Being a part of the song, Dalla Dalla, from the EP, It’z Different, which became an instant hit and sold more than 2,000 downloads in the United States for the week ending February 14, 2019. Moreover, the song also became the 2nd most famous song on YouTube and its video became the fastest K-pop debut music video to reach 100 million views. Dalla Dalla also became the most viewed K-pop debut music video within 24 hours and was ranked at number #2 in the Gaon Digital Chart, South Korea (K-pop Hot 100) Chart, and US World Digital Song Sales (Billboard) Chart, at number #3 by the Recording Industry Association (Singapore), and at number #8 by the Recording Industry Association of Malaysia.
- The immense popularity of ITZY as the group has gained a huge fan base with millions of fans across the world as well as an impressive social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than a million followers on Twitter, more than 800k followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube
As a Singer
As a member of ITZY, Ryujin has released a number of singles and EPs which include the likes of It’z Icy, Dalla Dalla, It’z Different, Icy, and many more.
First TV Show
Ryujin made her first TV show appearance as Herself /Guest in an episode, titled Knowing Bros First Field Trip: Part 2, of the reality comedy series, Knowing Bros, in July 2019. The lead cast of the show included the likes of Kang Ho-dong, Seo Jang-hoon, Kim Young-chul, Lee Soo-geun, Kim Hee-chul, Min Kyung-hoon, and Lee Sang-min.
Ryujin stays in shape by leading a healthy lifestyle. Also, as a dancer, she indulges in a lot of dance sessions which further help her tone her body and gain flexibility.
Ryujin Favorite Things
- Food – Mocha bread
- Movie – The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Source – KProfiles.com
- She was attending a fan meet for the popular South Korean boy band, GOT7, when she was scouted by JYP Entertainment.
- ITZY‘s debut was announced by JYP Entertainment on January 21, 2019, and a video trailer was also released on JYPE’s channel which revealed the group members.
- In 2017, Ryujin was cast as a contestant on the JTBC survival reality show, Mix Nine. She performed really well on the show and was ranked at number #1 amongst all the girls. However, she was unable to make her debut as the girls’ team lost to the boys’ team.
- Her English name is Joanne Shin.
- Her Chinese Zodiac sign is Snake.
- Ryujin also appeared in the BTS‘ Highlight Reel as J-hope & Jimin‘s pair in the year 2017.
- She enjoys food that tastes spicy as well as savory.
- Her acting credits also include having played a part in the movie titled The King in 2017.
- Ryujin was also cast in the Stray Kids‘ “Survival Show”.
- She was cast as a guest in an episode of the game talk-show series, Idol Room, in July 2019.
- She has often said that her role model has been the famous singer, record producer, activist, actress, and television presenter, Lee Hyori.
- Interestingly enough, the CEO of YG Entertainment also once offered Ryujin to join the entertainment company. However, she decided to stick with JYP Entertainment only.
- She had trained with JYP Entertainment for around 4 years before she debuted with ITZY on February 12, 2019.
- Ryujin enjoys watching movies and taking pictures during her leisure time.
- As a member of ITZY, she has won several awards and nominations which include the likes of Genie Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, Brand of the Year Award, and several others.
- She has also been roommates with her bandmate, Yeji.
- Ryujin shares a friendly bond with Dreamcatcher‘s Jiu and ELRIS‘ Bella as well as with LOONA‘s Heejin and Hyunjin.
- She pets 2 cats named Byun and Dal.
- Visit the official website of ITZY @ itzy.jype.com.
- Follow ITZY on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Dispatch / YouTube / CC BY 3.0