|Sandhya Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1988|
Sandhya aka Kadhal Sandhya that is her stage name, is an Indian film actress who came to limelight with her debut film in Tamil named Kaadhal (2004), her performance earning her the Filmfare Award for “Best Tamil Actress” as well as and the “Special Jury Award” by Government of Tamil Nadu in 2004. She has acted in several other movies like the Kannada blockbuster Aptharakshaka (2010) where she played the role of Gowri and the Malayalam feature The Hit List (2012) where she portrayed the part of Vikram’s wife.
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
She attended Vidyodaya Girls Higher Secondary School in Chennai, having dropped out when she was in Class 9 in order to pursue her acting career.
- Father – Ajith (Employee of IOB)
- Mother – Maya (Beautician)
- Siblings – Rahul (Older Brother)
5 ft 3 in or 160
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Venkat Chandrasekharan (2015-Present) – She tied the knot with Chennai-based IT worker Venkat Chandrasekharan on December 6, 2015, the marriage ceremony being held at Guruvayur Temple in Kerala. They have a daughter named Shaema Venkat (b. September 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
Large, expressive eyes
Sandhya Favorite Things
- Event In Her Life That Transformed Her – Becoming a mother
- Song She Has Loved To Sing For Her Child – Five hundred miles
Source – YouTube
- She was studying in school when she appeared in the critically acclaimed movie Kaadhal. She has affirmed that the role had initially been offered to actress Gopika who had turned it down due to other commitments and the part was eventually played by Sandhya.
- Sandhya has been the judge on several reality shows including Comedy Stars and Little Stars.
- She has disclosed that her wedding and reception had been planned to be held in a grand manner in Chennai. However, it was because of the floods that happened at that time that the ceremony was shifted to Kerala and they even encountered problems while travelling to the neighbouring state as the van they had hired got stuck in the flood. So they had to take help from people to push it out of the water. With the people in the flood-affected areas suffering they had donated the money saved by her for the wedding to the Chennai flood relief fund.
Featured Image by Vivian Paul / Instagram