|Sasha Calle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1998|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Sasha Calle is an American actress who came into prominence after portraying the part of Virginia in the TV mini-series Socially Awkward (2017). She gained further popularity by beginning to essay the lead character of Lola Rosales / Lola Rosales Abbott in the television soap opera The Young and the Restless in 2018, her performance fetching her a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for “Outstanding Younger Performer in a Drama Series” in 2020. In February 2021, she was cast in her first movie role to play the superheroine Supergirl in the DC Extended Universe, beginning with the film The Flash, set to release in November 2022. She has built a strong fanbase on social media, having amassed more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
She went to high school in Hollywood in Florida after graduating from which she had shifted to Los Angeles. There she enrolled in the American Musical and Dramatic Academy and graduated with a BFA in Performing Arts.
- Mother – Samira Calle
- Siblings – Jacob (Younger Brother)
- Others – Kevin (Stepfather)
She is represented by Stewart Talent.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Colombian descent.
- Tattoo on her arm
- Fuller lips
Sasha Calle Favorite Things
- Character She Has Played – Lola having been a big fan of the character she has portrayed whose sweet, caring, humble, and fun-loving nature she has found to be truly admirable albeit a bit naive, and whose propensity to make mistakes then admitting to them and trying to learn, she has felt to have made Lola very relatable
Source – TVOverMind.com
Sasha Calle Facts
- She first took to posting photos to her Instagram account in May of 2014.
- Sasha has disclosed that while growing up, she never had any craving to do anything in the world of acting. In fact, her wish was totally different, she having aspired to become a singer who would perform on stage. She had realized that she had no interest to be a woman who was going to spend her whole life toiling away to get what she wanted from something else and that she was a woman with a dream. Her dream, however, had ended up taking her in another direction, for which she has been grateful as it worked out for her with her discovering her deep love for acting and enjoying every moment pursuing it.
- She had come to know that she had landed the much-coveted role of Supergirl on a call with director Andy Muschietti, who had posted a sweet video on his Instagram documenting the exact moment he had jokingly asked her if she would like to fly. When the actor had responded in the affirmative, the director had shown her the iconic character’s cape adding that she may need it. Sasha’s moving reaction thereafter has been much loved and cherished by her fans.
- Sasha is the fourth actress to essay the DC Comics character Kara Zor El/Supergirl in a live-action adaptation and the first Latina as well as a non-white actress to play the part.
Featured Image by Sasha Calle / Instagram