|Satish Kaushik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1956|
Satish Kaushik is an Indian director, producer, actor, writer, comedian, and theatre artist whose career started by working as an assistant director to Shekhar Kapoor in the 1983 film Masoom, an adaptation of the 1980 novel Man, Woman and Child by Erich Segal. As an actor, he has been a part of movies like Mr. India, Ram Lakhan, Udta Punjab, Taqdeer Ka Tamasha, Prem Pratigyaa, Saajan Chale Sasural, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi, Dil Ke Jharoke Main, Haseena Maan Jaayegi, Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?, Aabra Ka Daabra, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Brick Lane, Pardesi Babu, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Baaghi 3, Judgementall Hai Kya, and Chhoriyan Chhoron Se Kam Nahi Hoti. Moreover, he also wrote dialogues for Kundan Shah’s comedy classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron.
Mahendragarh, Haryana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Satish Kaushik attended Kirori Mal College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi.
Director, Producer, Actor, Theatre Artist, Writer, Comedian
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Satish Kaushik has dated –
- Shashi Kaushik (1985-Present) – He married Shashi Kaushik in the year 1985 and their first child, a son named Shanu Kaushik, passed away at a young age in the 1990s. Many years later, the couple became parents to their daughter Vanshika Kaushik who was born in 2012 via IVF.
Race / Ethnicity
Satish Kaushik Facts
- In 1987, he appeared as Calendar in the Hindi-language superhero film, Mr. India, starring Anil Kapoor, Sridevi, and Amrish Puri.
- As a theatre artist, Satish Kaushik’s credits include playing the character of Willy Loman in the Hindi-language play, Salesman Ramlal, an adaptation of Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman.
- For his work in movies Ram Lakhan and Saajan Chale Sasural, Satish Kaushik won the Filmfare Best Comedian Award twice – in 1990 and 1997, respectively.
- He has been a member of the International Film And Television Club of the Asian Academy Of Film And Television.
- Kaushik co-starred as Chanu Ahmed, a middle-aged educated man living in London, in the 2007 British drama film titled Brick Lane.
- In March 2021, Satish Kaushik tested positive for COVID-19 and his daughter also tested positive. Later, he thanked his friends Anupam Kher, Anil Kapoor, Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar, and Jayantilal Gada who helped him during this rough phase of his life.
- It was revealed via Neena Gupta‘s autobiography Sach Kahun Toh that Satish Kaushik offered to marry Neena when she got pregnant with her daughter Masaba Gupta after her romantic association with Sir Viv Richards.
Featured Image by Filmi Tadka / filmitadka.in / CC BY-SA 3.0