|Shahbaz Nadeem Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1989|
Shahbaz Nadeem is an Indian professional cricketer who has been a stalwart for Jharkhand (2004-Present) in the Indian domestic cricket circuit. Known primarily for his exploits in the longer version of the sport, he has amassed more than 400 wickets for his state team and has appeared in more than 100 games, in First-class cricket. After toiling for more than a decade and a half in domestic cricket, he had eventually made his senior national team debut for India in a test match against South Africa in October 2019. A steady and reliable bowler in the T20 format, he has been a regular feature in the IPL (Indian Premier League) where he has represented teams such as the Delhi Daredevils (2011–2018) and the Sunrisers Hyderabad (2019–Present).
Muscles of Muzaffarpur
Muzaffarpur, Tirhut, Bihar, India
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Shahbaz had completed his schooling at the De Nobili School, a Jesuit school in Mugma, Jharkhand, India.
- Father – Javed Husn Ara Mahmood (Police Officer)
- Siblings – He has an older brother who is a former state-level cricketer.
He is represented by Ajay Mishra, General Manager, Medallin Sports, Event/Talent Management Agency, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
88 – Test Match, Delhi Daredevils (IPL), Sunrisers Hyderabad (IPL)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shahbaz has dated –
- Saman Akhtar (2015–Present) – Shahbaz got married to Saman Akhtar in August 2015. They have a son together (b. 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Indian descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Side-parted, short-cropped hair
Shahbaz has served as the ambassador for the wellness brand Steadfast Nutrition.
Shahbaz Nadeem Facts
- Although Shahbaz has represented the state of Jharkhand (2004-Present) throughout his senior career in the Indian domestic circuit, he had started his cricketing journey playing for Bihar (the larger state out of which Jharkhand was carved out in November 2000), at the Under-14 tier.
- Although he is widely recognized for his performances in the longer format of the game, he had turned heads by creating an astonishing record in ‘List A’ cricket (one-day format of the sport) in September 2018. He had scalped 8 wickets for a meager 10 runs from his full quota of 10 overs, in a game against Rajasthan, which was the then best bowling performance in the history of ‘List A’ cricket. He had also taken a hat-trick (3 dismissals in 3 consecutive deliveries) in that match.
- The match was a part of the 2018–19 Vijay Hazare Trophy (the premier domestic one-cricket competition in India). He had ended up as the leading wicket-taker in the tournament, with 24 dismissals in just 9 games.
- In both the 2015–16 and the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in India) seasons, he had earned the honor of picking up the most number of wickets – 51 and 56 dismissals respectively. Although his team had crashed out early in the next season, and he could play only 4 out of the team’s 6 matches, he was still the team’s leading wicket-taker with 18 dismissals.
Featured Image by Shahbaz Nadeem / Instagram