|Shannon Miller Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1977|
Shannon Miller is an American former artistic gymnast who is one of the most decorated American gymnasts, male or female, of all time. During her career, she had earned 7 Summer Olympic medals (2 ‘Gold’, 2 ‘Silver’, 3 ‘Bronze’) and 9 medals at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships (5 ‘Gold’, 3 ‘Silver’, 1 ‘Bronze’). She had also clinched 5 medals at the 1994 Goodwill Games (2 ‘Gold’, 3 ‘Silver’) held in St. Petersburg and the 1995 Pan American Games (4 ‘Gold’, 1 ‘Silver’) held in Mar del Plata. She was also the most successful American athlete at the 1992 Summer Olympics held in Barcelona, winning 5 medals. She had retired from the sport in August 2000 and has been inducted into the ‘USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame’, the ‘United States Olympic Hall of Fame’, the ‘International Gymnastics Hall of Fame’, and the ‘Women’s International Sports Hall of Fame’.
Shannon Lee Miller
Rolla, Phelps County, Missouri, United States
Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida, United States
Shannon had attended the Edmond North High School in Edmond, Oklahoma. She had later joined the University of Houston, a public research university in Houston, Texas. She had graduated from there in 2003 with a B.B.A. (Bachelor of Business Administration) degree in marketing and entrepreneurship. A year later, she had joined the Boston College Law School, the law school of Boston College, a private, Jesuit research university in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. She had graduated from there in 2007 but had opted not to take the bar exam.
Artistic Gymnast (Retired)
- Father – Ron Miller (Former Professor at the University of Central Oklahoma)
- Mother – Claudia Miller (Former Vice-President of a Bank)
- Siblings – Tessa Miller (Older Sister)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shannon has dated –
- Christopher Phillips (1998–2006) – Shannon had started dating a lawyer and ophthalmologist named Christopher Phillips in 1998 and the couple got married in June 1999. Christopher had once accused her of infidelity and she had denied the claim. The couple had parted ways in 2004 and their divorce was finalized in September 2006. The accusations of infidelity had not featured in the divorce trial.
- John Falconetti (2006-Present) – Shannon had started dating businessman John Falconetti in 2006 and the couple got engaged in August 2007. They got married on August 25, 2008, and have 2 children together – a son named John Rocco Falconetti (b. October 28, 2009) and a daughter named Sterling Diane Falconetti (b. June 25, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Gleaming face
Shannon Miller Facts
- Shannon had started getting trained in gymnastics at the age of 5 and had even traveled to Moscow at the age of 9 to participate in a gymnastics camp. In her teenage years, she had attended the Edmond North High School, principally because they had offered her a flexible program that had accounted for her training, travel, and competition schedule.
- As of August 2021, she was the most decorated American female gymnast of all time at the Summer Olympics, tied with Simone Biles at 7 medals. After Biles, she is the second-most decorated American gymnast, male or female, with a combined total of 16 medals at the Summer Olympics and the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.
- She is the first female, across all sports, to have been inducted into the ‘United States Olympic Hall of Fame’ twice, as an individual and for her team.
- In 1998, the Oklahoma Legislature had honored her by naming a section of Interstate 35 in Edmond, Oklahoma, the ‘Shannon Miller Parkway’.
- In February 2011, she had been diagnosed with germ cell ovarian cancer, barely a month after a baseball-sized cyst from one of her ovaries had been surgically removed. She had then gone through 3 cycles of chemotherapy and was given a clean bill of health in September 2011.
- Her autobiography, titled It’s Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life, was published in 2015.
Featured Image by Shannon Miller / Instagram