|Shelley Long Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1949|
Shelley Long is an American actress and comedian who has starred in numerous films and TV series throughout her illustrious acting career. She is best known for her portrayal of the character Diane Chambers on the popular sitcom Cheers (1982-1987, 1993) which earned her a Primetime Emmy Award (1983) and 2 Golden Globe Awards (1983, 1985).
Shelley Lee Long
Indian Village, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shelley attended the Kekionga Junior High from grades 6 to 9 and then graduated from South Side High School in her hometown of Fort Wayne. She then enrolled at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, in 1967, where she studied drama but dropped out before completing her graduation to pursue a career in acting and modeling.
- Father – Leland Long (Rubber Industry Worker, Teacher)
- Mother – Ivadine Long (School Teacher)
- Others – Ryan Kissick (Son-in-Law) (Management Consultant), Bert Harrison Long (Paternal Grandfather), Charles Wesley Long (Paternal Great Grandfather), Armintha E. Day (Paternal Great Grandmother), Leah Louise Crandall (Paternal Grandmother), Walter E. Crandall (Paternal Great Grandfather), Alice Evelyn Phelps (Paternal Great Grandmother), Harry Howard Williams (Maternal Grandfather), Charles Ellis Williams (Maternal Great Grandfather), Estella Rowena Robins (Maternal Great Grandmother), Merlee Brothers (Maternal Grandmother), Christopher Henry Brothers (Maternal Great Grandfather), Claymanthia “Samantha” Helen Fritchey (Maternal Great Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shelley has dated –
- Ken Solomon – Ken and Shelley were married for a few years before getting divorced in the late 1970s.
- Bruce Tyson (1979-2004) – Shelley met and began dating securities broker Bruce Tyson in 1979. They got married in 1981 and have a daughter together named Juliana Tyson (Actress) (b. March 27, 1985). After more than 2 decades of marriage, the couple got separated in 2003 and divorced in 2004. After the breakup of her marriage, Shelley had attempted suicide on November 16, 2004, by taking an overdose of analgesic tablets.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, German, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), and distant Dutch descent.
- Charming smile
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair with bangs
Shelley has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Camay Soap (1971)
- V05 Shampoo (1973)
- Homemakers Furniture (1977)
- Hitachi Televisions (1997)
Shelley Long Favorite Things
- TV Series – Seinfeld (1989-1998)
- Interests/Hobbies – Writing, Storytelling
- Movie Genre – Comedy
Source – Variety, Chicago Tribune
Shelley Long Facts
- Her first job was at Northwestern University, where she had studied for a brief while as a meal plan checker.
- Shelley was very active on her high school’s speech team and often used to participate in the Indiana High School Forensic Association where she won the National Forensic League’s ‘National Championship in Original Oratory’ in 1967.
- She got her first break in acting after she moved to Chicago and began working in commercials. While there, she had also joined The Second City comedy troupe.
- In 1975, she wrote, produced, and co-hosted the TV show Sorting It Out. The show won 3 Regional Emmy Awards.
- She won the Joseph Jefferson Award in 1977 in the category ‘Principal Role in a Musical’ for her work in the theater production of Wellsapoppin, which used to run at the Second City Theatre in Chicago.
- Shelley was offered the character of Mary in the iconic 1982 science fiction film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial but she declined the role as she had already agreed to appear in the comedy film Night Shift.
Featured Image by KTLA 5 / YouTube
The post Shelley Long Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.