|Shenseea Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 1, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shenseea is a Jamaican musical artist who burst onto the Caribbean scene with her song Loodi (2016) with Vybz Kartel, which earned her the unofficial title of “Princess of Dancehall.” Her major-label debut single Blessed (2019) featuring Tyga has been a super hit and she has amassed more than 450k subscribers as well as more than 200 million views.
Chinsea Linda Lee
Mandeville Hospital in the parish of Manchester, England, United Kingdom
She attended Mona High School in Kingston, Jamaica and later enrolled in Exed Community College with Entertainment Management as her subject.
She is represented by Romeich Entertainment.
Dancehall, Reggae, Hip Hop
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She had a son out of wedlock named Raj.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She is of Korean descent on her father’s side and has Afro-Jamaican ancestry on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades like ‘light brown’, ‘pink’, ‘mauve’, ‘white’, ‘yellow’, and ‘auburn’.
- Pretty eyes
- Tattoos in different parts of the body
- Fuller lips
She has endorsed several brands such as –
- Red Stripe
Shenseea Favorite Things
- Childhood Memory – Taking pimento walks with grandmother in St. Elizabeth
- Childhood Craving – To own a pair of Air Jordan shoes
- Inspiration – MTV Jamz, MTV Hits
- Alternate Profession – Police Officer
- People – Those with great personalities who feed her hungry mind
- Musicians – Whitney Houston, Beenie Man, Buju Banton, Bounty Killer
- Movie – Apocalypto
- Travel Destination – Thailand
- Color – White
- Outfit – Jeans and Shorts
- Weakness – Shoes
Source – IMDb, Instagram, Jamaica-Star.com, Jamaicans.com
- She moved to Kingston when she was around 3 years old and was raised in Jamaica.
- She had a rough, unpampered childhood with her working mother, not around most of the time.
- As a child, Shenseea’s first world was her family and the next was the church, which she attended regularly and which was the place where she first developed a taste for music. She would sing in a choir but crave for her voice to be heard without getting drowned. At the age of 8, she gave a solo performance before the congregation singing Whitney Houston’s Greatest Love of All.
- She could not complete her education due to financial reasons, which was common to the residents of the Kingston area where she lived.
- Before attaining stardom, she worked as a signature promotion girl.
- After becoming a popular singer, she has had a tremendous social media presence with more than 2 million Instagram followers.
- Being a single mom, she has always worked as hard as possible, in order to be able to provide for her son.
- Shenseea has been considered by most people to be the most beautiful female artist ever in the Jamaican music scene.
- She has dressed herself according to her own tastes and has not required a stylist.
- She has tomboy tendencies.
- Shenseea openly supported the LGBTQ community in 2018, despite being aware that homophobic Jamaica and dancehall had had issues with the group. In her music video Blessed, she made radical moves by taking part in an explicit homos*xual scene. A few days prior to the video release, she had made posts of herself in bed with another woman, on Instagram.
Featured Image by Shenseea / Instagram