|Shira Haas Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1995|
Shira Haas is an Israeli actress who has shot to global recognition with her performances in the acclaimed series Unorthodox (2020) and Shtisel (2013-Present). She has more than 100k followers on Twitter and more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Tel Aviv, Gush Dan, Israel
She attended the Thelma Yellin High School of the Arts to study theater.
- Father – Eran Haas
- Mother – Ariela Haas
- Siblings – Dotan Haas (Older Sister)
She is represented by the Creative Artists Agency since June 2020.
4 ft 8 in or 142 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shira has dated –
- Daniel Moreshet –
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ashkenazi Jewish (Polish Jewish, Czech Jewish, and Hungarian Jewish) ancestry.
Shira has endorsed brands such as –
- Chanel Beauty
- Dana Harel
Shira Haas Favorite Things
- Comfort Foods – Ptitim, Challah
- Book – Beware of Pity by Stefan Zweig
Source – Glamour
Shira Haas Facts
- Her name Shira means ‘poetry’.
- Her grandparents were Holocaust survivors.
- She successfully underwent treatment for kidney cancer at the tender age of 2. However, her prolonged treatment also stunted her physical growth.
- Shira and Amit Rahav, who played her contentious husband Yanky Shapiro in Unorthodox, had been close friends for more than 10 years prior to their work on the show.
- She aspires to direct a film.
- In 2020, her performance in Unorthodox made her the 1st Israeli-born actress to receive a nomination (‘Best Lead Actress in a Limited Series’) at the Primetime Emmy Awards.
- In February 2019, Shira was included in the Israeli Forbes list of ’30 under 30′.
- She bravely shaved her head in real life while shooting a pivotal scene as Esty Shapiro in Unorthodox.
Featured Image by Shira Haas / Instagram