|Shoaib Akhtar Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1975|
Shoaib Akhtar is a Pakistani cricket commentator, former cricketer, and TV personality who is known for his stunning career as a member of the nation’s cricket team during which he achieved the feat of becoming the fastest bowler in the history of cricket. Regarded as a legend in Pakistani cricket, he also became the first bowler to break the 100 mph barrier.
Rawalpindi Express, Tiger
Morgah, Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan
Shoaib Akhtar studied at Asghar Mall College which is a historical and prominent college located in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Former Cricketer, Cricket Commentator, Actor, TV Personality
- Father – Mohammad Akhtar (Worked as a night watchman at a petrol station belonging to the Attock oil refinery)
- Mother – Hameeda Awan
- Siblings – Shahid Akhtar (Older Brother), Tahir Akhtar (Older Brother), Obaid Akhtar (Older Brother), Shumaila (Younger Sister)
Shoaib Akhtar is managed by Taha Sadaqat.
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shoaib Akhtar has dated –
- Rubab Khan (2014-Present) – He got married to Rubab Khan on November 11, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Shoaib Akhtar has Gujjar ancestry on his father’s side and is of Awan descent on his mother’s side.
- Imposing physique
- Very fast bowling speed
Shoaib Akhtar Favorite Things
- Footballer – Cristiano Ronaldo
Source – Twitter
Shoaib Akhtar Facts
- He was raised in a humble family.
- Shoaib Akhtar was nicknamed “Rawalpindi Express” as a tribute to his hometown while he earned the nickname “Tiger” for his fierce bowling technique.
- When he was headed to Lahore to attend trials for the PIA team’s Karachi division, he waited for the bus to start and then climbed on its roof because, at that time, he lacked the money to buy a ticket.
- He became the fastest bowler in the world by delivering a bowl with a record top speed of 161.3 km/h (100.23 mph) in a pool match against England during the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2004, he got himself into controversies when he left the field during a Test series match against India citing an injury. His actions created suspicions by former Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq and also questioned his commitment to the team.
- Shoaib Akhtar’s performance improved greatly in the year 2005 when he played in the three-Test home series against England. This earned him the praise of several important figures including English captain Michael Vaughan who said, “I thought he (Shoaib) was a big difference between the two teams”.
- He was often accused of using harsh language on the field.
- Shoaib Akhtar was able to break the 100 mph barrier twice in his career.
- Over the years, he has appeared on a couple of shows like Comedy Nights with Kapil, Geo Khelo Pakistan, Breakfast with Champions, Game On Hai!, and Mazaak mazaak mein.
- He has also earned a massive fan base on social media with more than 3 million followers on Twitter, more than 2.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube, and more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Doha Stadium Plus Qatar / Flickr / CC BY 2.0
The post Shoaib Akhtar Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.