|Simone Simons Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1985|
Simone Simons is a Dutch singer and songwriter who is best known for her work as the frontwoman of the Dutch symphonic metal band Epica, a group she had joined in 2002, at the age of just 17. With the band, she has released the studio albums The Phantom Agony (2003), Consign to Oblivion (2005), The Divine Conspiracy (2007), Design Your Universe (2009), Requiem for the Indifferent (2012), The Quantum Enigma (2014), and The Holographic Principle (2016). She has also collaborated, to varying degrees, with musical bands/groups such as Kamelot, Leaves’ Eyes, Primal Fear, Ayreon, and Angra. In parallel with her singing career, she also runs a lifestyle blog called SmoonStyle where she regularly writes about fashion, makeup, food, and travel.
Simone Johanna Maria Simons
Hoensbroek, Heerlen, Netherlands
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Father – John Simons
- Mother – Cecil Simons
- Siblings – Janneke Simons (Younger Sister)
She is represented by –
- Daniel Regan, Booking Agent (Africa, Asia, Australia) and General Manager, Feat First Management, Antwerp, Belgium
- Nick Storch, Booking Agent (North America), Artist Group International, New York City, New York, United States
- Enrico Karolczak, Booking Agent (Europe), CONTRA Promotion GmbH, Bochum, Arnsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Jeps Salfischberger, Booking Agent (The Netherlands), Mojo Concerts, The Hague, Netherlands
- Markus Wosgien, PR Agent, Nuclear Blast GmbH, Donzdorf, Göppingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Symphonic Metal, Classical, Progressive Metal
- Transmission Records
- Nuclear Blast
- Avalon Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Simone has dated –
- Mark Jansen (2001-2003) – Simone had started dating Dutch guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter Mark Jansen in 2001. They were both members of the Dutch symphonic metal band Epica during their relationship and continued to be so after they split in 2003.
- Oliver Palotai (2013-Present) – Simone got married to her long-term boyfriend and German musician Oliver Palotai on July 6, 2013. They have a son together named Vincent Palotai (b. October 2, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Dutch descent.
- Slender frame
- Long, wavy hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
Simone Simons Facts
- Simone had joined a music academy at the age of 12 and had started playing the flute 2 years later. Around the same time, she had also started getting trained in pop singing.
- She had, however, switched to classical singing a year later after getting influenced by Oceanborn, the 2nd studio album of Nightwish, a Finnish symphonic metal band. Soon enough, she was invited to rehearse for a black metal band and had also sung in a choir for a few months.
- In 2002, her then-boyfriend Mark Jansen had parted ways with the Dutch band After Forever over creative differences. He had then created a musical group called Sahara Dust intending to work towards achieving a more classical/symphonic type of music. The band, which was later re-christened as Epica, had initially employed Norwegian singer/songwriter, Helena Michaelsen, as its frontwoman, but she was soon replaced by a largely unknown Simone.
- In January 2008, it was revealed that she was suffering from recurrent MRSA infections. The infection had forced her to miss touring with Epica until May that year.
Featured Image by Simone Simons / Instagram