|Sonja Morgan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1963|
Sonja Morgan is an American TV personality, businesswoman, socialite, and philanthropist who is best known for her long-running role as one of the main cast members of the reality TV series The Real Housewives of New York City (2010-Present). She had started a fashion line called Sonja by Sonja Morgan in 2015. She also owns a company known as Tipsy Girl which distributes wines like Prosecco and sparkling Rosé.
Albany, Albany County, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Sonja, after her high school graduation, had joined the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), a public college in New York City. She had studied marketing there.
TV Personality, Businesswoman, Socialite, Philanthropist
- Others – Henry Sturgis Morgan Sr. (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Banker, Co-Founder of the Multinational Investment Bank and Financial Services Company Morgan Stanley) (d. February 8, 1982), Catherine Lovering Adams (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (d. 1988), John Pierpont ‘J.P.’ Morgan (Ex-Great-Grandfather-in-Law) (Financier, Banker, Founder of the Commercial and Investment Banking Institution J.P. Morgan & Co.) (d. March 31, 1913)
In 2020, Sonja Morgan’s net worth was $8 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonja has dated –
- Matt Dillon
- Harry Dubin
- Charlie Rose
- John McEnroe
- Billy Idol
- Albert II, Prince of Monaco
- John Adams Morgan (1998-2006) – Sonja got married to American sailor and Olympic champion John Adams Morgan, a member of the prominent Morgan banking dynasty, in 1998. They have a daughter together named Quincy Adams Morgan (b. 2000). They eventually got divorced in 2006 which had left Sonja in financial ruin. She was forced to file for bankruptcy and had to keep paying off her creditors for 4 years after the divorce.
- Benjamin Benalloul (2013)
- Lorenzo Borghese (2013–2014)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, English, and Irish, and likely French and Scottish descent.
- Slender frame
- Neck-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
Sonja Morgan Facts
- Sonja has worked actively with charitable organizations that work for the benefit of children, visual and performing arts, animal rights groups, and LGBTQ rights. For her work, she had received a Singular Sensation Award in 1990.
- She also hosts cabaret and burlesque-themed charitable events, under the name Sonja in the City, that help raise funds for the aforementioned organizations.
- In July 2013, she was honored with a New York State Senate Award in recognition of her work.
- In October 2016, she was mentioned in a story that was published by American news aggregator The Huffington Post wherein serious allegations of se*ual misconduct were made against media personality and businessman Donald Trump who would go on to be elected as the 45th president of the United States a month later. The report had mentioned that Sonja had invited a woman named Lisa Boyne for dinner with Donald Trump, modeling agent John Casablancas, and a few models. Lisa had alleged that Trump had made the models walk across the table, had looked under their skirts, and had described if they were wearing any underwear. Sonja had later clarified her position and stated that she could not recall any lewd behavior by Trump.
Featured Image by Sonja Morgan / Instagram